• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spinal Tap Are Back!!!

C

C A Iversen

Spinal Tap Back To Save The World

Inconsequential British rockers Spinal Tap have reunited to perform at London's Wembley Stadium on July 7th as part of the worldwide Live Earth concerts. Original frontman David St. Hubbins, guitarist Nigel Tufnel and bassist Derek Smalls will all be in attendance. Director Marty DeBergi, who bears a suspicious resemblance to Rob Reiner and chronicled the band's career in the now classic 1984 film This is Spinal Tap, said that the group wanted to do their part for climate change awareness, explaining, "They're not that environmentally conscious, but they've heard of global warming. Nigel thought it was just because he was wearing too much clothing -- that if he just took his jacket off it would be cooler."

A 15-minute short film about the band's reunion, also directed by DeBergi, was scheduled to premiere Wednesday night (April 25th) during opening night festivities for New York's Tribeca Film Festival.

Spinal Tap has staged reunions in the past, but has been dormant for several years. The group's last album was 1992's Break Like The Wind.

The band has written a new song for the Live Earth reunion called "Warmer Than Hell."

According to DeBergi, the new film explains what the band has been doing since they stopped performing and touring full-time as Spinal Tap. Tufnel has been raising miniature race horses despite facing a shortage of riders, while St. Hubbins produces hip-hop records and runs a colonic clinic. Smalls was recently in rehab for Internet addiction.

I thought they were American comedians fondly poking fun at stereotypical early eighties metal. Which did at the time (and earlier) feature quite a few brits. I think brits are even fond of the fact that they are being mocked by what has become such a cult "band".

Any Brit who takes offence to the fact that Spinal Tap have a British Accent is foolish.
It's a cult film, and an homage the outhere-ishnes that was "heavy metal".
It's pure genius.

Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

I'm a brit and I think they're hilarious...

... in fact I was proud of them until now...

... I feel used.

:lol:

"You did something for us, you put us on the map...we looked awful on the map, but you put us there."
"Yeah I appreciate that."
"But then you folded the map and squashed it."

I love it.
My only question is: Why only 5 mins long?!
Gutted.

Latest posts