Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Derick Hougaard

• Peter Grant

• Francois Steyn

• Total voters
got to pick steyn....that freakish boot. sure he drops the ball and chokes all the time, but jeez

I say start Butch at 10, with Pienaar as backup.

Pienaar would make a great 10. He can run, he can distribute, and he has the boot. Hell, you could have januarie on the bench to take the 9 in case butch goes down. Also, that would confuse the f*** out of any defense facing them. I think it would be cool to watch as well.

While I agree with BokMagic about James' boot, that doesn't mean that Pienaar/Steyn from 11/15 could kick for him in the box/pocket. Well, so long as Pienaar's box kicks were better than they were last night v. AUS.
[/b]

That is not right, R.Pienaar is a Scrum-half, and that is were he should play

I like Andre Pretorious as a player and with Steyn being a terrific super-sub. Pienaar should definitely be first choice half back. His kicking game is probably the best out of all half-backs in world rugby.

On this years form only Butch James can really be 1st choice. Andre Pretorius hardly had any game time in the past 3 years due to injuries and he will not be 100% in the World Cup -- they shouldn't have even considdered him. Back up could have been Peter Grant - as Liefling is 1 dimensional and the Tri-nations proved it this year. Francois Steyn is a better Wing / Fullback and whilst Pienaar might be a great 10 - he hasn't been tested their properly yet on that level.

If you go back to all the previous World Cup all the winning teams had a great 10 -- We might fall short this year.

Best 10 in this years world cup is def Carter --- so NZ must be favourites to win

B)--><div class='quotemain'> On this years form only Butch James can really be 1st choice. Andre Pretorius hardly had any game time in the past 3 years due to injuries and he will not be 100% in the World Cup -- they shouldn't have even considdered him. Back up could have been Peter Grant - as Liefling is 1 dimensional and the Tri-nations proved it this year. Francois Steyn is a better Wing / Fullback and whilst Pienaar might be a great 10 - he hasn't been tested their properly yet on that level.

If you go back to all the previous World Cup all the winning teams had a great 10 -- We might fall short this year.

Best 10 in this years world cup is def Carter --- so NZ must be favourites to win [/quote]

You can't win the WC relying on only on the Flyhalf. Peter Grant is pretty one dimensional aswell. Morne Steyn made him look average the past weekend.

pretorious is easily the bokke's best 10, experienced and cool under pressure unlike mr. james

pretorious is easily the bokke's best 10, experienced and cool under pressure unlike mr. james [/b]

I don't know man, Pretorius is definitly more creative but I get the impression that he is scared. Almost like Francois Pienaar when the going gets tough he wants off the field.