SRU have been taking comedy lessons

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18650528

Scottish Rugby has outlined a four-year strategic plan, which includes securing a Six Nations Grand Slam and winning the World Cup.
"The goals we've set reflect our ambition for the game in Scotland," said chief executive Mark Dodson.
"With unity, and support from the whole nation, there is no reason we can't achieve those goals."
Scotland lost all of last season's Six Nations matches and failed to progress from the group stage at World Cup 2011.
However, Andy Robinson's side have since climbed up to ninth in the world rankings after summer tour wins over Australia, Fiji and Samoa.

That makes me laugh, 4 years to overtake the known powerhouses who already have a successful system in place. World Cup winners with 2 pro sides? Give me a break.

A Grand Slam and, perhaps, a RWC Semi-Final would have been a fair suggestion. That's within Scotland's grasp, yet is ambitious. Winning the World Cup, though? Umm, good luck with that.

Perhaps they have done some scientific research that suggests over the next four years Global Warming developments will mean that the weather will be -10 degrees, 30mph winds and pouring rain and storms every weekend.

Bahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Give me a break, Grand Slam is within the realm of plausible but extremely difficult for the Scots as it stands, winning an RWC!!!! Scotland's realistic goals should be to try and stay ahead of sides, like Georgia, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Canada, U.S.A.

Last edited:
A Grand Slam and, perhaps, a RWC Semi-Final would have been a fair suggestion. That's within Scotland's grasp, yet is ambitious. Winning the World Cup, though? Umm, good luck with that.

I'll go out on a limb and say Italy will win a GS before Scotland

Surely every team goes in to the Six Nations/RWC with the intention of winning the thing.
It might not be feasible for every side, but I doubt many top 10 sides go in to the RWC hoping to go home at the end of the groups.

Its things like this that just make the powerpoint wizards look (even more) like total bullsh!tters.

Who do they think they are trying to kid?

A (much) better and more useful statement might have been.

"We are looking to increase the number of players in Scottish rugby by 50% over the next 4 years, as well as double average attendances for the Pro12 teams over that period".

Nothing flash, nothing unattainable, just foundations worth building on.

Its things like this that just make the powerpoint wizards look (even more) like total bullsh!tters.

Who do they think they are trying to kid?

A (much) better and more useful statement might have been.

"We are looking to increase the number of players in Scottish rugby by 50% over the next 4 years, as well as double average attendances for the Pro12 teams over that period".

Nothing flash, nothing unattainable, just foundations worth building on.

Totally agreed, or something like...."We are bulding towadrs once again winning the Six Nations and are targeting 2016 as a year by which we want to be at or near the top of the table, as well our 2011 RWC campaign was a massive dissapointment and we will return to the knockout stages and perhaps further come 2015"

This I wouldn't have laughed at, but to win a world cup by 2016, there's only one to come dumb dumbs, and I also love the Grand Slam prediction, not just winning the Six Nations but winning every single game LOL.

If a team isn't aiming to win the competitions they enter then they're daft.

However coming out in the press and saying it, especially after their recent 6N form, isn't particularly wise either.

Latest posts