• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stadia for the 2019 World Cup in Japan

I can somehow see why Hong Kong is included (with the 7s held there being extremely popular), but what the hell is Singapore doing here? That distance is huge; like organizing a World Cup in France with having a couple of matches played in Saudi Arabia.
Or like having games in Beisbane and Perth...

I guess for us Dutch people everything more than 200 km is too far away ;)

Stadium planned to host the RWC 2019 final. This will be Chichibunomya Stadium (see OP) when it's redeveloped.

OB-VJ277_hadid1_G_20121115065740.jpg

Lol beats any of our stadiums any day. Especially the Sapporo dome. :lol:

Sad to see the traditional look of the Chichibunomya altered like that. Such a quality ground already. Great to see matches come to Fukuoka. The city boasts 4 professional clubs, should be lots of interest down here.

Sad to see the traditional look of the Chichibunomya altered like that. Such a quality ground already. Great to see matches come to Fukuoka. The city boasts 4 professional clubs, should be lots of interest down here.

Hello GreenSamurai. This is not the chichibu will be renovated, the National Stadium in Tokyo

I am strongly against having a World Cup in Japan for many reasons.
1st is the safety of players. Because of the meltdown of a nuclear power plant, the level of radioactivity is at a dangerous level, including Tokyo.
2nd is the anti-sporting attitude of the Japanese and government and Tokyo Metropolitan authorities. The former Governor of Tokyo, Ishihara Sintaro, is an open racist and historical revisionist. Do you know the racist repressions on Koreans and Korean Schools in Japan?
3rd is the lack of decent stadium. The National Olympic Stadium has been a national stadium of Football. It was built for the Tokyo Olympics in 1964. Despite there are enough number of decent athletics stadiums in Japan, the re-innovation of the National Olympic Stadium is building athletics stadium again. The reason is the Olympic mania of the racist Governor Ishihara.

1st is the safety of players. Because of the meltdown of a nuclear power plant, the level of radioactivity is at a dangerous level, including Tokyo.
2nd is the anti-sporting attitude of the Japanese and government and Tokyo Metropolitan authorities. The former Governor of Tokyo, Ishihara Sintaro, is an open racist and historical revisionist. Do you know the racist repressions on Koreans and Korean Schools in Japan?
3rd is the lack of decent stadium. The National Olympic Stadium has been a national stadium of Football. It was built for the Tokyo Olympics in 1964. Despite there are enough number of decent athletics stadiums in Japan, the re-innovation of the National Olympic Stadium is building athletics stadium again. The reason is the Olympic mania of the racist Governor Ishihara.
Two of those three are ridiculous, and the remaining one is worrying (if true) but totally unrelated.

i am strongly against having a world cup in japan for many reasons.
1st is the safety of players. Because of the meltdown of a nuclear power plant, the level of radioactivity is at a dangerous level, including tokyo.
2nd is the anti-sporting attitude of the japanese and government and tokyo metropolitan authorities. The former governor of tokyo, ishihara sintaro, is an open racist and historical revisionist. Do you know the racist repressions on koreans and korean schools in japan?
3rd is the lack of decent stadium. The national olympic stadium has been a national stadium of football. It was built for the tokyo olympics in 1964. Despite there are enough number of decent athletics stadiums in japan, the re-innovation of the national olympic stadium is building athletics stadium again. The reason is the olympic mania of the racist governor ishihara.
o...m...g

I have not been to Japan but:

Point 1 - If this were the case it would be all over the news, the IRB would not allow the WC to go ahead, and the players would refuse to go.
Point 2 - It seems strange that if the Japanese were anti-sporting that they would have held the football world cup, have bid for the rugby world cup or have sporting events. The racism I cannot comment on.
Point 3 - The list of stadia in the OP appears impressive, all host sports teams already and have good capacities. They may not be dedicated Rugby Stadiums but the Rugby World Cup to be held in England will mainly use football grounds.

Shut up

The former Governor of Tokyo, Ishihara Sintaro, is an open racist and historical revisionist.

The former leaders of Italy and Argentina were dictators and made opponents of the fascist regimes disappear. Based on your logic, I take it you are against those countries hosting the Rugby World Cup as well?

I must admit that I don't like some of the athletics stadiums, especially the Nissan Stadium in Yokohama, since it has even more empty space around the track than others.

The stadia look awesome, galaxies ahead of the over sized cow sheds we use in New Zealand.

I must admit that I don't like some of the athletics stadiums, especially the Nissan Stadium in Yokohama, since it has even more empty space around the track than others.

Yes, the Nissan Stadium (Yokohama International Stadium) is terrible. This stadium is called "横酷" (横 is first letter of Yokohama, 酷 is terrible)

Latest posts