• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stand up comedians - who do you like or seen recently.

Well, if you like extremely offensive but extremely funny, you should watch Jim Jeffries.

As a South African, I'd recommend Trevor Noah, who's now hosting the daily show in the US. His stand up shows are brilliant (I just don't know how it would be percieved by an international audience).
Yes, Jim Jeffries is great, Alcoholocaust is the one ive seen, and other clips but he is so funny and mega offensive so if you get offended easily...just dont watch :)

Going to see Dara O'Briain tonight.

Went to see Stewart Lee a few weeks back, he was good.

Going to see Dara O'Briain tonight.
Good that you're seeing him near end of the week. Went to see him on a Monday years ago and that was a big mistake. The audience was very flat and Dara couldn't feed of us.

Mitch Hedberg was really good, but he died in 2005, at age 37. I saw him several times on The Late Show with David Letterman.

Last edited:
Bill Burr is a comedian that I like a lot. Here's a clip from his first appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman back in 2005.

Can't say I am a fan. In fact can't really stand him, especially after when he got told to stand for Parliament by an audience member of QT his response was truly pathetic- "I don't want to become one of them…" IIRC. And what he and Ross did to the late Andrew Sachs was disgusting IMO.

Of course he is entitled to due process. And nothing is certain - see how Kevin Spacey managed to be found not guilty.

His live tour has been postponed.

I felt a disturbance in the force, like a million pikachu just made a shocked face.

I can't say I ever found him funny. He popped up on random shows and was usually outclassed by better comedians.

Just looks like a pound land Jack Sparrow to me.

I know nothing about the guy (I don't think I've ever seen him speak) but I thought this rang a bell. He has already been investigated for an allegation up here in 2006 and awarded damages from a paper that reported on it. So it was public knowledge to any woman who had had dealings with him before or after that date. Bizarre then to see the media paint this as some amazing new bombshell where we desperately need to identify possible victims now we know he might be a bad man.

If he was chasing a 16 year old lass when he was in his late 20s / early 30s then I'll not be sorry to see him end up on the sex offenders register (even though there is nothing illegal in the above) - because that is just alarming behaviour and I would not like him involved in charity work etc with vulnerable folk.

Hope his mum goes on hunger strike to defend her creepy son. That was the highlight of the otherwise tedious Spanish football affair. :p

Latest posts