• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stories from the Stormers camp

B

BokMagic

It appears as if Fijian flier and 7`s star Sireli Naqelivuki, will not be available for the Stormers after all- if the Fijian papers are to be believed, Sireli tested positive for Marijuana/weed/dope/Transkei Poison/hash or whatever else you want to call it, during the SA leg of the IRB 7`s circuit in George. Yeah well, not much night-life in George at the best of times, so it seems that Sireli had to make some of his own- dope.

Former Bok Werner Greeff, a strong contender for the back-up slot at 10, 12 and 15, has also announced his retirement from all rugby after the 1st warm-up games vs. the Bulls and Boland. Greeff was capped 11 times for the Boks, 43 times for the Stormers and 30-odd times for Western Province. At the end of last season, Greeff made a comeback after neck surgery. Many feared that he`ll never be able to play rugby again. Seems that the neck wasn`t responding well to contact, and Greeff has rightly decided to call it a day, before a more serious injury might lead to worse consequences.

And on a similar note, promising young prop forward, Brock Harris, has also decided to call it quits at the age of 24. Also a neck injury that refused to heal properly. Although not quite a household name in his own home at this stage of his career, many (including myself), has predicted a bright future for Harris. Sadly it ended prematurely.

FFS, we`ve lost 3 top contenders before the 1st ball has been kicked in anger- some serious voodoo crap going on here.

I know !

FFS, it's not fair. :(

Why all this bad luck all of the sudden, I even put serelli on my fantasy rugby team, now I have to go and replace him :angry:

Voodoo crap for the lose :toss:

well, i supported stormers when they came up here to beat the gwent dragons... its always sad to see teams losing players like this..

Latest posts