• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stormers coach Erasmus threatens to resign

M

munross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Stormers coach Rassie Erasmus says that he will walk away from his job with the team if he senses that the Stormers players no longer believe in his ideas.

"The moment I feel the players no longer believe in what we do, I will resign. It's as simple as that," Erasmus told Die Burger on Saturday night after the Stormers lost to the Blues at Newlands.

While Erasmus currently believes that he has the players backing that might not last as the Stormers seem to have been in regression for the last match and a half.

"If I believe the players can see we are on the right track and improving in the areas where we are weak, it's just a matter of time before everything comes together."

The last time the Stormers played well was the first half of the match against the Reds but then in the second half they left a strong lead slip and allowed the Reds to come within 3 points.
Against the Blues last weekend they were at best disappointing.[/b]
Super14.com

I just hope that the Stormers can sort this out and that Rassie will stay, would be a big blow if he leaves!

If you read/heard the whole post match interview you'll notice that comment was taken out of context. I bet an Aussie composed this article.
Rassie is not going anywhere, don't worry.

Latest posts