Stormers lose Grant and call up Earl Rose

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
The Stormers have suffered a late blow with the withdrawal of first choice flyhalf Peter Grant from the team to face the Brumbies in Canberra on Saturday.

Grant had being receiving treatment for an ankle injury and was bracketed with 21-year-old Kurt Coleman (pictured), who will now make his starting debut for the Stormers.

Kurt_Coleman.jpg

Grant, meanwhile, has returned home with the Stormers calling up former Lions pivot Earl Rose, who will join the squad in Melbourne next week.

Rose has been playing for Griquas in the Vodacom Cup competition.

Captain Schalk Burger says that spirits are high and the team is confident of following last week's result in New Zealand.

"The team is in high spirits after last week's win." he said on the Stormers site.

We really had to dig in and we managed to pull victory out of the fire. Confidence is up and now we are looking forward to the challenge ahead against the Brumbies.

"The Brumbies are a better team than the log suggests and we will need to be up for it if we want to come away with the victory. As a team we have never beaten them away from home so we would like to put the record right on Saturday.

"They have some very experienced guys and also great game-breakers in Matt Giteau and Adam Ashley-Cooper so we know it will be a huge challenge. "

source: superxv.com

Can anyone explain to me how it is possible that a Griquas fly-half is being called up by the Stormers? I thought Griquas were in the Cheetahs franchise

This is really bizarre for a Griquas player to be called up to play for the Stormers. I think the domestic season is over for the Griquas so they probably agreed with the loan to the Stormers.

Earl Rose defies science and logic with how bad he is. That the Stormers have called him up, I think, means the universe is about to implode.

Earl Rose defies science and logic with how bad he is. That the Stormers have called him up, I think, means the universe is about to implode.

Yes Earl is not the most profound rugby player out their but will only be utilized as a backup. I do think that he played some good rugby for Griquas lately as I saw him in live action in the Vodacom Cup. I will have to wait and see if he gets on the feild that he will prove his worth I doubt it as this is not Vodacom Cup this is Super Rugby. But hey stranger things have happen this year already.

Earl Rose, though a Griquas players is not with the Cheetahs S15 squad.. for good reason. Personally I would have prefered home talent;

Elgar Watts from Boland or either a youngster in Dimitri Katrakalis or Matt Rosslee. If we lose Coleman we would have gone through 5 flyhalves now o_O a bloody wonder we are still on top of the SA conference. Hou, bene, hou!

HAhah Rose is so bad. But you already says it. I would have tolerrated him before because we all know why he was selected. But when he threw out his toys when Leon Boshoff (the assistant coach) gave the lions team a bollocking for being so bad, Rose was the first one to phone his uncle - none other than PDV who then imediately got Boshoff fired. He says he was racists when he insulted the team. This is now from a rugby player who almost had his career saved by the union. At least mitchell doesnt give a kak about his color or his conections. He just flat out refused to giove Rose a contrac at lions. HAHA.

I like how the stormers is playing now but i am shocked at why they want this guy. He is so bad - remember when Doug howlett tackled Rose paralatic like twice in the space of a few minutes when Ros gave him lip? Hahah.

Earl Rose, though a Griquas players is not with the Cheetahs S15 squad.. for good reason. Personally I would have prefered home talent;

Elgar Watts from Boland or either a youngster in Dimitri Katrakalis or Matt Rosslee. If we lose Coleman we would have gone through 5 flyhalves now o_O a bloody wonder we are still on top of the SA conference. Hou, bene, hou!

One thing that worked in Rose's favour is that he still has a valid Aussie visa, where as I suppose the others do not.

Rose played some exceptional stuff for the Lions in 2008, but then in a match against the Sharks, he just seemed to, well implode.
He has played solidly for the Griquas in the Vodacom Cup, and as Cassie said, the Griquas either released or loaned him to the Stormers. Watts did little in the Vodacom Cup that would have made me confident if I were a Stormers supporter

It's a pity his career has gone the way it has, but most of it is his fault I suppose

Latest posts