• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15 2011

I think it sucks. Why they still ignore a franchise from the Pacific and Argentina i don't know? Why have another also-ran Aussie team? I'd rather have had a Pacific or Argentinian franchise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ May 19 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think it sucks. Why they still ignore a franchise from the Pacific and Argentina i don't know? Why have another also-ran Aussie team? I'd rather have had a Pacific or Argentinian franchise.[/b]
Don't all the Pacific Islanders already live in Australia and New Zealand? :p
I think for that to happen you'd have to invite the Pacific Islanders into the Tri-Nations first. Then maybe develop a super team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ May 19 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah then he came to school in Queensland, at a GPS school making his rugby talent a product of Gregory Terrace in Brisbane :p , Some of the people at my Club played against him in GPS rugby in 2003.[/b]

just as well.... if he stayed in melbourne he could have ended up playing afl... he would have been the quickest afl player ever :lol:

I think its cool playing home tests against touring teams mid Super 15 season. It's like a full on rugby calendar and should build more hype around these tests and the run to the finals. Seeing as the Tri Nations won't start until late August and presumably won't finish until sometime in October, does that mean touring the northern hemisphere is a thing of the past? Otherwise there virtually won't be any down time for national team players.

Why don't NZ and South Africa drop two teams to make it 4 v 4 v 4 then add two teams from the pacific.

Way too much rugby. Maybe the fact that all of the SH teams will be ridiculously fatigued by the AI's means that the NH hemisphere teams actually might start beating us... Uh, nah, nevermind.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ May 20 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why don't NZ and South Africa drop two teams to make it 4 v 4 v 4 then add two teams from the pacific.[/b]

Where would they play? What stadiums would they use?
There isn't enough depth in the pacific islands anyway. Most of their national players live in Aus or NZ anyway. If they were included they would have to play out of Aus or NZ and the islands would see none of the commercial benefits at all. The simple economics make having just one pacific island team fairly pointless, let alone 2

It's great and all that to see we should have teams from the islands and Argentina, but it's just not financially or logistically possible. What would be better is to allow the islanders and Argentinians to play in the competition for other teams, bring them from Europe and then possibly add the Pumas to the Tri Nation's in a few years time if the concept works. In the 3 week bye window, the best islanders available could then form the Pacific Islanders and tour Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ May 18 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
fair point william 18... however i'm hoping not all players will base their decisions on money alone. to a kiwi, australia is still a familiar country which is only a short trip across the tasman. you could attract a lot of the players with families here as we speak the same language (apart from a few words like jandal, dairy and cell phone), and it wouldn't cost as much to relocate a who family over here as it would to relocate a family to europe, our road rules are pretty much the same too and our dollar is worth more so the player would still be earning more than they would in NZ. plus, you can still buy your beer over here so you don't have to drink warm fosters.[/b]
A lot of NZers also like the lifestyle so that could be a big factor exspecially if a team is put in the Gold Coast. I don't think you will get big name NZers. In the end the All Blacks is going to beat all that stuff.

You never know where I could stike next! :D

hamburglar.gif

I just watched THE RUGBY CLUB and they are talking about the 5th team being a private team not associated with any union. Sounds great for allowing foreign players in because if they are not linked into any union then they can by-pass the Wallaby rule stating you have to be eligiable to play for them. I'd like to see a 30 man roster 10 spots for Argentina 10 spots for Pacific Nation 5 for kiwis and 5 for aussies this way the Reds dont get robbed again and the non-aussies could have a team to get behind. I saw first hand in the US what happened when Asian players came into Baseball and the money baseball got was astronamical and we need the money. Imagine Toyota and Sony dishing out League dough to union we'd be better off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scrumit2 @ May 21 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just watched THE RUGBY CLUB and they are talking about the 5th team being a private team not associated with any union. Sounds great for allowing foreign players in because if they are not linked into any union then they can by-pass the Wallaby rule stating you have to be eligiable to play for them. I'd like to see a 30 man roster 10 spots for Argentina 10 spots for Pacific Nation 5 for kiwis and 5 for aussies this way the Reds dont get robbed again and the non-aussies could have a team to get behind. I saw first hand in the US what happened when Asian players came into Baseball and the money baseball got was astronamical and we need the money. Imagine Toyota and Sony dishing out League dough to union we'd be better off.[/b]
It's a slippery slope, I wouldn't want to have the soul-less, money driven owners that own some teams in European football. Not convinced.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scrumit2 @ May 21 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just watched THE RUGBY CLUB and they are talking about the 5th team being a private team not associated with any union. Sounds great for allowing foreign players in because if they are not linked into any union then they can by-pass the Wallaby rule stating you have to be eligiable to play for them. I'd like to see a 30 man roster 10 spots for Argentina 10 spots for Pacific Nation 5 for kiwis and 5 for aussies this way the Reds dont get robbed again and the non-aussies could have a team to get behind. I saw first hand in the US what happened when Asian players came into Baseball and the money baseball got was astronamical and we need the money. Imagine Toyota and Sony dishing out League dough to union we'd be better off.[/b]

Actually, you're onto something there with a "foreigner team", you could call it the "Roppongi All-stars" as Roppongi is quite possibly the closest thing I've seen that resembles a Westerners Ghetto..

If this Victorian team gets in they should offer Greg Inglis $2 million a season to switch codes.

Latest posts