• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League newbies get a kicking.

K

knowsleyroader

Les Catalan Dragons - 6
Harlequins RL - 46

A good squad out for the Dragons so I believe.

Doesnt look good does it ?

Well, they have just won 38 - 30 versus Wigan. This is quite a good performance, isn't it?

how does it look now knowsley still not good?

it sure is wigan are one of the best teams in the comp. good signs for the catalans when they can beat one of the better teams in superleague. they won't be whipping boys as everyone thought they would it seems

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 12 2006, 10:18 AM
how does it look now knowsley still not good?

it sure is wigan are one of the best teams in the comp. good signs for the catalans when they can beat one of the better teams in superleague. they won't be whipping boys as everyone thought they would it seems
ROFLMAO. Wigan ? One of the best teams in the comp ? Shows how much you know :p

@ Wally, yes it was played in france and I believe the crowd was around about 10,000 mark.

The Dragons played very well indeed. Just hope they can keep it up. Very commited and exciting team to watch.

Originally posted by DonBilly@Feb 12 2006, 07:56 PM
11122 tickets were sold for this match.
Fantastic crowd and after the spectacle of the game lets hope figures keep as high as possible.

Well I would be surprise if they manage to get this kind of crowd every weekend they play at home. I think yesterday evening people from quite far went to attend this game because in some way this is a rebirth of Rugby League in France, there's a good article in today's Observer about that, and they travelled to not miss this event. By the was there were even two kiwies who had travelled from Auckland to see Stacey Jones in his new club.

They need to target new public and not only the old Rugby League fans. Many USAP, the Perpignan Union club, supporters are ready to go and watch Rugby League. So if they are successful I think they will attract more people. This season if they manage to get a 7000 average it will be a success.

If they succeed I think this will open the door for a second French club in the SL. Toulouse Olympique are candidate for entering in the SL within 2 years.

Originally posted by DonBilly@Feb 12 2006, 09:24 PM
Well I would be surprise if they manage to get this kind of crowd every weekend they play at home. I think yesterday evening people from quite far went to attend this game because in some way this is a rebirth of Rugby League in France, there's a good article in today's Observer about that, and they travelled to not miss this event. By the was there were even two kiwies who had travelled from Auckland to see Stacey Jones in his new club.

They need to target new public and not only the old Rugby League fans. Many USAP, the Perpignan Union club, supporters are ready to go and watch Rugby League. So if they are successful I think they will attract more people. This season if they manage to get a 7000 average it will be a success.

If they succeed I think this will open the door for a second French club in the SL. Toulouse Olympique are candidate for entering in the SL within 2 years.
No I dont think they will get 10,000 every week, but if the French get behind them their crowds could end up healthier than some of the other SL teams.

Originally posted by Ashton@Feb 12 2006, 02:40 PM
says in the paper that there was 2,500 wigan fans there!
Not sure if there quite that many but there might have been. I'll get my photos up on here soon.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 11 2006, 10:18 PM

it sure is wigan are one of the best teams in the comp.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A few pics (will put more up later)
flagtowersmall1.JPG

flagtowersmall2.JPG

farsidesmall.JPG