Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 09:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Sunday, 05 July 2020

USJKAyt.png
Er9w71N.png
vpS1LbI.png

Venue: FMG Stadium Waikato
Time: 05:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Crusaders - I want the Highlanders to win but the Crusaders are like a steamroller. And as James Taylor put it, I'm a steamroller baby...I'm bound to roll all over you.

Chiefs - I think the Chiefs come out on top in the battle of the winless teams in the Super Rugby Aotearoa era. And I predict it will be a very close and exciting match.

As of Sunday, the only teams with a real shot at the ***le are the Crusaders and Blues. Everyone else will be playing for pride, whatever that's worth. It's all subjective.

Last edited:
Carlos spencer has been made redundant from the end of this season due to financial issues and uncertainty surrounding covid.

he has decided to leave immediately.

I don't think that will help the hurricanes this week, so I'm picking the chiefs to win that battle.

Ill wait for team namings to pick the crusaders highlanders game.

Carlos spencer has been made redundant from the end of this season due to financial issues and uncertainty surrounding covid. He has decided to leave immediately.
Ugh, I hadn't caught that. What a time we live in.

Yeah, I'd love my 'Landers to win, and they've been playing very well in my opinion, but two weeks in a row they're walking into a buzz saw... feels like, they'd have to play their best game AND have the Crusaders mail it in to have a chance. At least we'll be at home, but I don't know if that will make the difference. 'Saders by 10.

I haven't any idea who will win Chiefs / 'Canes, but I anticipate a close and exciting match. Something seems just a tad off with the Hurricanes, so I'll tip the Chiefs at home by 3.

I'll be happy with a bonus point, keeping close to the saders is a win

Two very interesting games this weekend
Highlanders v Crusaders - This is always a bit tasty under the roof In Dunedin. I expect this to be 100 mph from both sides. I think if the Landers back row can perform as well as they did last week then I reckon they have a shot in this game. Frizell and Mikaele Tu'u need to carry as well as they did in the 2nd half last week. I thought the Crusaders were OK against the Chiefs but no better, granted the conditions were awful. I'm picking the upset, Highlanders by 3 Points.

Chiefs v Hurricanes - I don't even know what to think about this game. Two teams really struggling for form and not playing a good brand of rugby. Wouldn't even know who to install as favourites here. I think the Chiefs have looked marginally better but the Canes have had a bye so should be fresher. I'm usually quite decisive re predictions but I'm really struggling with this one. I'm not going to pick a winner, whoever wins though will win by less than 5 points, if I was putting money on it, I'd lean towards the Chiefs.

three goal kickers in Hunt, Gatland and Koroi, we might be planning on being close with a few minutes to play

105633570_10158674491842249_3511081575201085595_o.jpg

Thought they got the rub of the green here and there but solid job from the landers. Quite entertaining game.

Crusaders win 40-20. :mad: Man, that's a great team. I don't like 'em, but I think the Crusaders are the best professional rugby union team in the World.

Last edited:
that little bit of polish makes such a big difference. The highlanders have to be pulling their hair out, so much effort, so much good stuff, then a handful of bad plays, another handful of mediocre plays, makes all the difference.

nareki was simply outstanding until he decided not to pass for a certain try, then made another bad decision not to pass while on attack near the end. Given how important his stuff ups were you'd have to say he overall wasn't great, still good though, so much did he do right. Aaron Smith and Shannon frizell were to me easily the best two players on the park. Then probably Parkinson.

team of the game
Moody
Taylor
Alaalatoa
Whitelock
Parkinson
Frizell
Christie
Douglas
Smith
Mounga
Faingaanuku
Tomkinson
Thompson
Jordan
Havili

Thought they got the rub of the green here and there but solid job from the landers. Quite entertaining game.
Really? Everything else I've seen has been talking about the refs saders bias!

gutted, loosing two guys to injuries in the first half didn't help us in the last twenty

Will Jordan is deece.

Tough for the Highlander's definitely didn't play like they were 20 points worse.

Really? Everything else I've seen has been talking about the refs saders bias!
Wasn't talking about the ref, more about how a couple of offloads and plays worked out for the landers. Took their chances instead of playing it safe and they looked way more effective than usual, both on defence and offence in the 1H.

Regarding the ref (again, 1H), other than a forward pass he should have spotted, i saw nothing extraordinary he missed. And to be fair, the pass was clearly forward but it was a rather short and fast pass.

Is it something in the drinking water or the air ? Man, the Crusaders team is something special. It was a really good game.

Latest posts