Venue: Orangetheory Stadium
Time: 09:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Sunday, 12 July 2020

vpS1LbI.png
Er9w71N.png
iZ3E9uZ.png

Venue: Sky Stadium
Time: 05:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

I think mentally we could win this, the saders game was closer than the scoreline reflected...but im really worried about our injuries...not sure we have the depth to go all the way

Two interesting games this week:
Crusaders v Blues
Hurricanes
v Highlanders

I think the Blues have the ability In their side to beat the Crusaders this weekend. There does seem to be a new-found resilience about them this year. If their pack can front up i think the Blues have a great shot.

I think the Hurricanes will chalk up another win this weekend. I just fear that the Highlanders' injury toll and the physicality of their last two games will catch up with them this weekend. They looked out on their feet at the end against the Crusaders. The Canes should get better and better now, especially with Jordie Barrett back and the likes of Savea and Kirifi carrying hard and fast. Could see the Hurricanes easing away in the second half.

I think mentally we could win this, the saders game was closer than the scoreline reflected...but im really worried about our injuries...not sure we have the depth to go all the way

Thought the Highlanders were unlucky against the Crusaders. Had they not butchered that try when they had a two man overlap it could've been different. The final score was very harsh I felt.

saders - as good as the blues are playing and they maybe the best in NZ, but saders are the best ever. be an awesome game but my heart says saders

canes - my heart says canes but my head says landers. i live in hope tho

McDonald knows the Crusaders so well, but i think Crusaders might just edge this one.
I'll go with Highlanders.

no NMS, no Ioane, no McKay, No Walden, No Fakatava ....

a 6:2 split...coaches obviously they're supporting our "strength" being the forwards, in reality we're leaving our Green/outclassed backs to get tired...i expect the same as last week, close for 2/3 of it and then that canes backline to start punching some holes

108201185_10158700346872249_3503992995410556364_o.jpg

So envious of everyone else's strength in depth at first five. With all due respect to Garden-Bachop and Fletcher Smith, they are not Super Rugby level first five-eighths, though Smith has potential I guess.

Saders 27-25 Blues
Canes 33-33 Highlanders

A lot of current ABs, and future ABs in the game tomorrow. I feel like the Crusaders will win with their experience, when they need to score they won't bottle it. I would like the Blues to win, though.

Hope the Canes win, no reason why they shouldn't.

Blues @ Crusaders - it's Half Time and the Blues lead 7-6.

Looks like the week off has benefited the Blues, so far. ;)

Crusaders win 26-15. Exciting second half. That's 36 consecutive wins at home. Wow!

Ultimately went how I thought... Clinical Mo'unga, he always shows up in big games, been my pick for ABs #10 for awhile.
Classy leadership from mounga. He saw how the crowd got up when ennor charged the ball down and thought, yeah, let's ride that.... quick kick off and everything from them on he just upped the tempo. Brilliant.

no NMS, no Ioane, no McKay, No Walden, No Fakatava ....

a 6:2 split...coaches obviously they're supporting our "strength" being the forwards, in reality we're leaving our Green/outclassed backs to get tired...i expect the same as last week, close for 2/3 of it and then that canes backline to start punching some holes

108201185_10158700346872249_3503992995410556364_o.jpg
You forgot Dickson, he's been huge at lineout time and really solid all around. Whetton in the other hand is still learning, still making plenty of mistakes in defence and giving away penalties.

Question: has ben Nicholas played in the backs in senior rugby?

hurricanes have been hit hardwith j juries though too, and all in a space of a week meaning it's a very different looking team this week. No prinsep, no Evans, no Armstrong, no Coles

You forgot Dickson, he's been huge at lineout time and really solid all around. Whetton in the other hand is still learning, still making plenty of mistakes in defence and giving away penalties.

Question: has ben Nicholas played in the backs in senior rugby?

hurricanes have been hit hardwith j juries though too, and all in a space of a week meaning it's a very different looking team this week. No prinsep, no Evans, no Armstrong, no Coles
Didn't forget...he's broken his leg

Desperately wanted Blues to win, but Crusaders are in a class of their own. Blues have done really well so far in this competition.
That charge down changed the match. Great game though.

Last edited:
Didn't forget...he's broken his leg
Oh, I thought you were just listing those unavailable due to injury, guess you were more looking at who is unavailable for this game but could come back later.
Desperately wanted Blues to win, but Crusaders are in a class of their own. Blues have done really well so far in this competition.
That charge down changed the match. Great game though.
Yeah, although I'm not sure it was the charge down itself that changed the match, rather it was how mounga decided to ride and maintain the crowds energy from that charge down.

scary thing is, they have rarely got out of third gear all season, except in moments. 4th gear perhaps for 20 consecutive minutes at the end of this one, with moments of 5th.

the comp is going to ramp up from here, as it always takes teams 4 or so games to find their flow. hopefully A few teams can beat the crusaders so the comp isn't decided before round ten.

Latest posts