• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Pacific (2022)

same ground thats been gone over several time before...might have legs this time as Aus Rugby needs to do something to raise the profile of rugby before they host the RWC and a domestic comp of similar level opposition might do that

would raise big questions for rugby in NZ though...i think a 5-6 team domestic super comp will do little for NZR but burn out our top players and bore the fans with the same games every other week

but most people thinks a "full strength" NPC wont work either....

same ground thats been gone over several time before...might have legs this time as Aus Rugby needs to do something to raise the profile of rugby before they host the RWC and a domestic comp of similar level opposition might do that

would raise big questions for rugby in NZ though...i think a 5-6 team domestic super comp will do little for NZR but burn out our top players and bore the fans with the same games every other week

but most people thinks a "full strength" NPC wont work either....
Surely this a negotiating ploy only given the imbalance (in favour of NZ) in TV money. SR Pacific I think exceeded everyone's expectations in terms of competitiveness and I don't think many Australian fans think the answer to their problems is diluting Aussie talent across more teams. Plus there is no money in partnering with the PIs or Argentina and they've totally missed the boat with Japan and SA.

Surely this a negotiating ploy only given the imbalance (in favour of NZ) in TV money. SR Pacific I think exceeded everyone's expectations in terms of competitiveness and I don't think many Australian fans think the answer to their problems is diluting Aussie talent across more teams. Plus there is no money in partnering with the PIs or Argentina and they've totally missed the boat with Japan and SA.
they do though...theyve gone from having 40k people at the Super rugby Aus finals last year to a single away semi finalist....most i talk too would rather "their" team had a realistic chance of winning a domestic comp than almost no chance of winning an ANZ one

I actually get it...they need to do something and building something from the ground up using the RWC money to float a new comp through its development years...does make some sense...very long term

they do though...theyve gone from having 40k people at the Super rugby Aus finals last year to a single away semi finalist....most i talk too would rather "their" team had a realistic chance of winning a domestic comp than almost no chance of winning an ANZ one

I actually get it...they need to do something and building something from the ground up using the RWC money to float a new comp through its development years...does make some sense...very long term
Yeah, but last year was all about Covid in terms of inflating attendances by enjoying events while you could. Kiwi attendances seem quite down on the last couple of years too, presumably for the same reason. To take a one off game in isolation like that and infer that is the future of the sport is bizarre and they aren't talking about a domestic focus if they are also saying closer cooperation with Argentina and SA.

The timing of saying that before the final also smacks of immaturity. I suppose we live in the era of trolling your closet partners.

Sooo is it just the NH reffing or was the Goodhue hit on RTS a clear Yellow/Red rather than play on?

Rules are genuinely baffling to me

Sooo is it just the NH reffing or was the Goodhue hit on RTS a clear Yellow/Red rather than play on?

Rules are genuinely baffling to me
Yeh I though he got away with that. He was quite upright. Mitigation was Havilli tackled RTS into him. But yellow up here.

Crusaders much better than Blues. Deserved lead into HT. Blues' line out has been shocking at times. No platform.

meh. Got mixed feelings. Kinda happy the blues lost but on the other hand it was pretty much a one sided event and therefore not that entertaining, at least not for me.
Even when the score gap was not that big the saders looked in complete control.

Crusaders play their best game of the season, the blues their worst. The difference being how they handled the pressure.

In the pre match Tom robinson was talking about getting the keys to the city if they won. I knew then the blues would lose.

The Crusaders were way too good for the Blues sadly. They just know how to play finals rugby. As a spectacle it was disappointing as you knew from probably 15-20 minutes in how the game was going to go. You've got to tip your hat to the Crusaders though, they play the big finals so well every time they get there. What a team.

Crusaders win yet another championship. The easiest bet in professional rugby.

Last edited:
Send them to the World Cup instead of the All Blacks.

I'm like dead serious. Take that Crusader squad as is, give them All Black jerseys, call them New Zealand and let Razor coach them. 99% guaranteed victory. SMDH.

Send them to the World Cup instead of the All Blacks.

I'm like dead serious. Take that Crusader squad as is, give them All Black jerseys, call them New Zealand and let Razor coach them. 99% guaranteed victory. SMDH.
They couldn't beat the British and Irish lions in the lions top side's first game together, in fact they never looked in it, the same as the blues never looked in this game. Mounga looked just as bad against rush defence that night as he has in all his tests. And robertson and co had less answers than foster has, and that's saying a lot. Of course, foster still uses many of the same players. Maybe that's the problem.

Last edited:
the same Crusaders the lost to the chiefs, tahs and blues during the regular season, that was by far their best game of the season....but definitely could be better

Won myself a few dollars with a bet on the mighty Crusaders with some decent odds. Took a punt on both Ekland & Taylor to dot down at any time during the game with what the weather was doing but unfortunately not to be.
Crusaders just didn't allow the Blues to play their game as they had done for most of the season, suffocated them with the rush defense which again showed NZ teams' inability (both international and at Super level) to combat rush defense. Beauden for me kicked away far to much ball straight down the throats of the Saders' back three.
Biggest concern of the game for me was the young Crusaders props who monstered the four All Blacks props from the Blues. Surely that has to be of major concern for Foster no? Big ups to Sam Whitelock what a performance from him.

A bit of common sense that is frankly an embarrassment for the Aus union.

Surely if the issue is TV money then that is a reflection on the ineptitude of the Aus union? The NZ union won't have been central to money negotiations between the Aus union and broadcasters will it? Is the Aus union suggesting the NZ union should be a charity that exists to subsidise the Aus union?

They couldn't beat the British and Irish lions in the lions top side's first game together, in fact they never looked in it, the same as the blues never looked in this game. Mounga looked just as bad against rush defence that night as he has in all his tests. And robertson and co had less answers than foster has, and that's saying a lot. Of course, foster still uses many of the same players. Maybe that's the problem.

That was one game and not a particularly important one.

There's no serious comparison between Razor and Fozzie. One is a serial winner, the other lucked out to get a job he doesn't deserve.

Latest posts