• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby - Trans Tasman (Round 1)

Just in case there's some Blues fans who missed the game and would like to see the highlights. I'm pretty sure Rebels fans don't want to watch. ;)

Last edited:
What a whacky weekend. Every game was very different.
Reds got outclassed in the 2nd half
Tahs and Hurricanes showed tackling is optional
Crusaders must have still been on their bender for winning the gf last week. I imagine the Reds were the same.
Rebels forgot how to play Rugby. Marika flattens a prop.
Western Force prove they are the strongest Australian Side and had simply been pretending to be average for the last two seasons.

Reds got outclassed in the 2nd half
Tahs and Hurricanes showed tackling is optional
Crusaders must have still been on their bender for winning the gf last week. I imagine the Reds were the same.
Rebels forgot how to play Rugby. Marika flattens a prop.
Western Force prove they are the strongest Australian Side and had simply been pretending to be average for the last two seasons.
its interesting you say that, most people ive talked to thought its the first half where we won it, rigid gameplan to turn the reds around and pin them in their own 22, tire them out. The second half the Reds seemed to break things up a bit, something we were not set up to play

its interesting you say that, most people ive talked to thought its the first half where we won it, rigid gameplan to turn the reds around and pin them in their own 22, tire them out. The second half the Reds seemed to break things up a bit, something we were not set up to play
As much as I'm not a fan of Bryce Hegarty (Not as a player simply because I don't know where he should be on the field, too slow for wing and full back). He did well when JOC went off. I'm not sure what's going on with our kickers and their inability to kick it further than the 22m line.
But I was also like 8 rumbos deep when the game started so my recollection of the first half is a little hazy. I may have got my halves mixed up.

As much as I'm not a fan of Bryce Hegarty (Not as a player simply because I don't know where he should be on the field, too slow for wing and full back). He did well when JOC went off. I'm not sure what's going on with our kickers and their inability to kick it further than the 22m line.
But I was also like 8 rumbos deep when the game started so my recollection of the first half is a little hazy. I may have got my halves mixed up.
yeah, saw some talk of it was all uphill once JOC went off...he was pretty invisible when he was on the field and as i say, seems a lot closer after he went off

lol. NZ isnt the fortress it believed itself to be. good this'll make the SuperTT much more interesting. hope Force do well

Latest posts