Waratahs v Crusaders
Saturday 29 May, 5:05pm
WIN Stadium, Wollongong
Referee: Graham Cooper
Assistant 1: Matt Kellehan
Assistant 2: James Quinn
TMO: James Leckie

Blues v Brumbies
Saturday 29 May, 7:15pm (NOTE 7:15PM KICK OFF)
Eden Park, Auckland
Referee: Damon Murphy
Assistant 1: Ben O'Keeffe
Assistant 2: Lauren Jenner
TMO: Glenn Newman

Reds v Chiefs
Saturday 29 May, 9:45pm
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
Referee: Nic Berry
Assistant 1: Reuben Keane
Assistant 2: Brett Cronan
TMO: Ian Smith

Highlanders v Rebels
Sunday 30 May, 2.35pm (NOTE 2:35PM KICK OFF)
Sir John Davies Oval, Queenstown
Referee: Paul Williams
Assistant 1: Brendon Pickerill
Assistant 2: James Doleman
TMO: Mike Fraser

Crusaders v Tahs might break some records if they play like they did last week.

no idea what will happen in the Reds v chiefs game. Reds got wasted by the saders...but still scored 28 points, chiefs beaten finalists of SRA but have had to do Hamilton > Sydney (stopover) > Perth > Sydney (stopover) > hamilton > Sydney (stopover) > townsville in the last two weeks and thats assuming they drove to Auckland

losing interesting this pretty quick. a good chance all Aussie teams could be out of the running after this weekend

Crusaders v Tahs might break some records if they play like they did last week.

no idea what will happen in the Reds v chiefs game. Reds got wasted by the saders...but still scored 28 points, chiefs beaten finalists of SRA but have had to do Hamilton > Sydney (stopover) > Perth > Sydney (stopover) > hamilton > Sydney (stopover) > townsville in the last two weeks and thats assuming they drove to Auckland

losing interesting this pretty quick. a good chance all Aussie teams could be out of the running after this weekend
remember this? A repeat this weekend?

Predictions:
Hurricanes
Crusaders
Blues
Reds
Highlanders

I think the only chance for the Aussie teams this week is the Reds, the Chiefs were good against the Brumbies but weren't too flash against the Force in their first away game. I'm tipping the Reds, more in hope than expectation I'm sad to say. As for the other four games I'd go with 13+ wins for the NZ teams. The Crusaders might win by 50+!. Before last week I would have maybe tipped the Brumbies against the Blues but they looked poor against the Chiefs so the Blues should win comfortably.

Predictions:
Hurricanes
Crusaders
Blues
Reds
Highlanders

I think the only chance for the Aussie teams this week is the Reds, the Chiefs were good against the Brumbies but weren't too flash against the Force in their first away game. I'm tipping the Reds, more in hope than expectation I'm sad to say. As for the other four games I'd go with 13+ wins for the NZ teams. The Crusaders might win by 50+!. Before last week I would have maybe tipped the Brumbies against the Blues but they looked poor against the Chiefs so the Blues should win comfortably.
I dont know whats happened to the brumbies scrum. Its the same front row that was previously very strong in super rugby.

I dont know whats happened to the brumbies scrum. Its the same front row that was previously very strong in super rugby.
That has surprised me I must say. Scott Sio and Allan Alaalatoa are usually very good at scrum time and yet the Chiefs in particular really had them on toast in that area. I'm hoping that the Brumbies' performance on Saturday was just a blip and they can get back to their levels against the Crusaders. The Reds might beat the Chiefs because look at who the referee is!. Berry is atrocious when he referees Queensland.

That has surprised me I must say. Scott Sio and Allan Alaalatoa are usually very good at scrum time and yet the Chiefs in particular really had them on toast in that area. I'm hoping that the Brumbies' performance on Saturday was just a blip and they can get back to their levels against the Crusaders. The Reds might beat the Chiefs because look at who the referee is!. Berry is atrocious when he referees Queensland.
Though im not sure they were all that good against the crusaders, it was a pretty sloppy game all around. My assessment before trans tasman started about how teams had changed since they were last playing together (considering mainly 2019 but also the few games of the original super rugby competition in 2020) was

crusaders - same
Chiefs - slightly worse
Hurricanes - worse
Hughlanders - same but better when they put it together
Blues - better
Reds - better
Beumbies - slightly worse
Rebels - worse
Waratahs - worse
Force - better.

that assessment hasnt really changed yet, but i am wondwring if the reds actually improved ir if it just seemed that way because their competition in australia got worse, and i am wondering if the highlandwrs have improved (consistency will be the proof), and perhaps the brumbies are more than slightly worse, and maybe thw chiefa arw just as good

While i wildnt cheer on any of the australian teams in any game against new zealand teams, i will be happy after the game has finished if they do manage to get the win ( as long as they dont win too many, maybe 5).

1622092526456.png

so in the last 2-3 weeks the landers have gone

Dunedin > Auckland > Sydney > Perth > Sydney > Auckland > Queenstown/Dunedin (not sure) > Auckland > Sydney

191257301_3993915404041146_9096176731129900373_n.jpg

187911720_10159557611032249_9133489482640638581_n.jpg

View attachment 11000

so in the last 2-3 weeks the landers have gone

Dunedin > Auckland > Sydney > Perth > Sydney > Auckland > Queenstown/Dunedin (not sure) > Auckland > Sydney
That's a lot of airline reward miles. I just saw on the news that Melbourne is in Covid-19 lock down mode again. I'm glad the game wasn't cancelled, I picked the Highlanders to win.

Last edited:
That was fun. But both the captain and coach of the force seemed torally dejected, deflated, hopeless, lost, and afraid in their post match interviews.

That clear out by akira ioane was a bit mental on the 69th minute. Lifted the Brumbies player by the legs into a vertical position over the ruck.

No idea how he wasn't binned for it