• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Superstar is a must for 09!

C

Cam1505

I've played Madden 07 Superstar for a while now, and I am really enjoying it. I hope EA will add this addition to Rugby 09 (if there is going to be one) :bana:

I think that they should also make it possible to stand in the boots of Real-time Players like Steve Larkham and Bryan Habana not just create your own players. But they should also start at a relatively low rating.

Just Imagine! it would be great to be Dan Carter or Percy in a World Cup Final and the team is depending on you to slot the conversion in the 79th minute for the win.

I think it will be great because the fans of rugby union is so well educated that each person who will play the game will certainly know what is expected from them in various positions.

It is much too early for that though, but I think it is a neccestity for 09!!

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

We have to deal with the issues of Rugby 08 for another 12 months or so :p

this superstar mode, you only control one player?

we wont see this until 10 years from now? lol

its all well and good that it works well on madden but i'm not convinced it would work with rugby.

ok so let me see, if you were controlling one player in madden, say a blocker (or whatever it is called), you'd only be blocking throughout the match?

There'd have to be a decent sized overhaul of the controls in that case if ultimately we're going to control one player in a superstar mode in the future.

yup thats how it works [/b]

that'll be pretty stink? lol only kool if you were a reciever or quarter back?

so if i made myself as a winger on the superstar mode... i'd never get the ball? lol hmmm? i dont know

I doubt they will do it, EA will continue to shaft Rugby games until the day another producer decides to challenge them....I wish for a Pro Evo- FIFA battle where EA will need to actually pull thier finger out and make a decent product....there is no reason if Rugby shouldn't be ten times bigger then Madden for example....let's all pirate games so they pick up thier game and make good products :)

It is actually quite cool seeing your player progress through the ranks and building up stats and reputation.

I doubt they will do it, EA will continue to shaft Rugby games until the day another producer decides to challenge them....I wish for a Pro Evo- FIFA battle where EA will need to actually pull thier finger out and make a decent product....there is no reason if Rugby shouldn't be ten times bigger then Madden for example....let's all pirate games so they pick up thier game and make good products :) [/b]
there are many obvious reasons rugby can't be ten times bigger than rugby. first of all madden sells millions more copies because it has more fans. try and be more realistic with your expectations.

<div class='quotemain'> I doubt they will do it, EA will continue to shaft Rugby games until the day another producer decides to challenge them....I wish for a Pro Evo- FIFA battle where EA will need to actually pull thier finger out and make a decent product....there is no reason if Rugby shouldn't be ten times bigger then Madden for example....let's all pirate games so they pick up thier game and make good products :) [/b]
there are many obvious reasons rugby can't be ten times bigger than rugby. first of all madden sells millions more copies because it has more fans. try and be more realistic with your expectations. [/b][/quote]

Haha.. SPIDER, always such an abrupt way of saying things.. i get what you're saying tho, there are plenty of reasons why madden is bigger. But i also think that EA doesnt realise the potential they have for success if they really made an awesome rugby game, and made it with the kinds of features that Madden has.. Even tho people outside the US play Madden, i dont think as many people around the world understand the sport as they do rugby. If they made a rugby game in the same mould as a Madden game, i think it would have the potential to have just as many fans around the world as Madden does...

God it would be tons better than Madden's superstar. If your good enough you'd actually spend most of the time on the field.

As for new additions they'd be gret but I'd rather the fundamentals and core game were written right first. I'm beginning to think HB games make have taken this series as far as they can - either that or there is a severe lack of competition.

I have had a bit of a re-think on this topic.

I have thought about ways that it could actually work.

I only know the basics about the Madden Superstar issue so if I steal some ideas from that I ask for your forgiveness.

You could create a player and start off in a low (or junior) league and slowly build your way up. If your performances drop you'd get dropped from the starting XV and maybe even squad. However if you played well or completed mini-challenges (all position-based) then you would earn skill points that would be spent making your player even better. You could even earn special skills like influence. This would give you greater control over what your team-mates did. For example if you were a winger and your influence stat was high whenever you called for the ball to be passed out wide your players would generally do it.

Rising through the ranks would eventually see yourself captaining your choice of country.

It would have to be very different to Madden as the two codes are very different of course. But with the right kind of challenges to keep the games interesting it could be a great idea.

But first I would settle for a kick-arse normal game of rugby.

i can't see why it can't be done. EA are doing something simular in fifa 08 (playing as one player). It would definetly bring a new dimension to the game of rugby as we knw it. but to be perfectly honest, with the effort that EA have done on 08 (of what i've seen) can they really be bothered to add something like this. They can't even be bothered to make gameplay adjustments to the normal game, and its not as if they haven't had time. A year and a half. I really would love it!

With Rugby, We are always tugging on the shortest part of the rope. We are way behind the other sportgames that EA publishes. If I had to compare Rugby 06 to a FIFA game it would be Rugby 06 FIFA 2000. Come on EA we deserve better. :%#%#:

Latest posts