• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tahu to the Tahs

WOW :huh:

Hope this is true, Tahu is one of my favorite league players, he'll make a great outside centre.

Or rather a dead end sport - League.

The only problem i see with this is his age, how old will he be come 2011?.... 30/31?... not that bad i guess.

Wonder how long before the Australian Rugby Board starts having a nosey to see whats available in the AFL?

He probably realises that he is with a dead end team - Parramatta Eels.
[/b]

lol... thats funny coming from a Brisbane supporter... a club that pretty much had a whole state to choose from for 20 years. even now... one of australias largest cities to choose from all to yourself and you still cant create a dynasty....

and now already your ref gifted premiership has been tarnished by suspicions of salary cap rorting.

thats abit absurd to me...i see the broncos as the best team in the past 10years of nrl...on the record of things...correct me if im wrong but who has one the most championshipd in the past10years?

lol... thats funny coming from a Brisbane supporter... a club that pretty much had a whole state to choose from for 20 years. even now... one of australias largest cities to choose from all to yourself and you still cant create a dynasty....

and now already your ref gifted premiership has been tarnished by suspicions of salary cap rorting.
[/b]

Brisbane is a dynasty. It has been for quite along time. No other team can boast such success over a period of 20 years both on and off the field.

This supposed 'salary cap rort' was just some unchecked payments that looked a tad suspect to the salary cap auditor Ian Schubert...they have checked out and are fine.

Also why did you go off topic just to have a go at the broncos?? :eek:fftopic8eo:

You are probably thinking i did the same thing about mentioning the Eels as a dead end team, but they are who Tahu is playing for at the moment and I was providing a possible reason.

thats abit absurd to me...i see the broncos as the best team in the past 10years of nrl...on the record of things...correct me if im wrong but who has one the most championshipd in the past10years?

[/b]

100% correct. Shiznit must be really sour about something towards the Broncos...maybe he supports Melbourne and can't accept we beat them?

....ANYWAY :)...Good luck to Tahu if he really does end up going. Playing Both codes at the highest level is something very special and he should aim for that.

doubt it buddy.... i support parra.
a dynasty?? your kidding right... we were the last dynasty in the competition. 4 premierships in 5 years. lets see brisbane do that...

Back to the Topic at hand:

I still cant understand why the ARU is going after league players who have no interest in rugby. For someone who said that "he would not consider playing rugby "as a last resort", claiming he had no interest in handling the ball only "two times in a game" is a disgrace.

Havent the ARU learned from their errors in the likes of Rogers, Sailor and Tuqiri. Tahu is only after the money.

This is money that could have been used to develop grass-roots rugby, money to develop U-19 & U-21 players that have the heart and mind for rugby.

I still cant understand why the ARU is going after league players who have no interest in rugby. For someone who said that "he would not consider playing rugby "as a last resort", claiming he had no interest in handling the ball only "two times in a game" is a disgrace.

Havent the ARU learned from their errors in the likes of Rogers, Sailor and Tuqiri. Tahu is only after the money.

This is money that could have been used to develop grass-roots rugby, money to develop U-19 & U-21 players that have the heart and mind for rugby.
[/b]

Ahhh, where do i start....

First of all, do honestly think Tahu was serious when he made those statements about Rugby? :rolleyes: ... He's already stated that he made those comments to deflect the media attention away from the deal he was negotiating with the ARU .We all know how much of a media circus it becomes when any Mungoe declares a passing interest in playing Union, i think he wanted to seperate himself from the guys who are only interested in bettering their current league contracts.

I mean, why would he bad mouth Rugby while at the same time negotiate a contract with that very sport if it wasn't just a smoke screen?.... think about it.... He is his own manager after all, so he has obviously been successful both in keeping the negotations quiet, and in getting a worthwhile deal to come to rugby.Smart guy.

Oh, and the comment about rugby being his 'last resort' was rather silly when it's pretty obvious that any NRL/Super League team would be jumping at the chance to sign a player of his quality.

Havent the ARU learned from their errors in the likes of Rogers, Sailor and Tuqiri.[/b]

How exactly was signing any one of those guys an error?

Tuqiri - along with being one of the best wingers in the world since joining Rugby, the guy is arguably the most marketable player in Australia and one of biggest names in Rugby worldwide.

Rogers - at his best,was their anybody more exciting to watch in the Super14 than that guy?... not IMO. He was a proven match winner, the type of player who could turn a game on it's head at any moment.... the Tahs are really feeling his absence atm.

Dell - probably responsable for bringing more new fans to the game(in OZ) than any other player in (at least) the last 10 years!. Also,one of the most underrated players out there - most people didn't realize,but Sailor lead the league in tackles broken,meters gained and line breaks in 2 or 3 of his last few seasons in rugby.... he always got his team across the gain line.

The amount of interest these 3 have generated in oz rugby has more than made up for any of the money spent on them, they put bums on seats. Apart from their marketing ability, they were great players for both club and country.... infact Tuqiri,Rogers and Sailor were the back 3 of the 2003 RWC finalists,now thats something no AB's player has acheived in over 12 years :D

lol@ Truth celebrating being a world cup finalist...
dude... 2nd is as good as last...

i suppose i better speak on this whole thing....
im happy he didnt hold the club and code ransom like Tuqiri did but really.... hes no big loss.

i mean.... Shifcoske, Cross and Tahu arent exactly NRL marquee players.

theres enough telent going around in League to replace Tahu with ease.

im happy he didnt hold the club and code ransom like Tuqiri did but really.... hes no big loss.

[/b]

The TRUTH was celebrating the 3 new leaguies (Tuqiri, Rogers and Dell) being the back 3 in the 2003 RWC Final because for them it was a huge achievement....not Australia making it.

[/b]

he played the media very well. he was saying that well actually negoating with the aru. if anything he is a genius for playing the media at their own game.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1030484

interesting read that article especially where tahu mentions he thought about the switch 4 years ago but stayed in league to improve his game and thought he was a lot better at defending now.

[/b]

When are your beloved eels going to restart their dynasty, shiznit? Perhaps when fans like you have long since taken their dirt-nap.

Parra fans are usually not sh*t-stirring assh*oles. Good that you don't see fit to follow that trend!

Hehe I dunno, Woosaah and I (known Eels fans here) can ruffle a few feathers if we feel fit :p

And we're rebuilding if you must know, Kenny and Stirlo's kids must be at high school league level by now, look out NRL season 2012!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

When are your beloved eels going to restart there dynasty, shiznit? Perhaps when fans like you have long since taken their dirt-nap.

Parra fans are usually not sh*t-stirring assh*oles. Good that you don't see fit to follow that trend! [/b][/quote]

I wanted to say the same thing, but i decided with my limited wisdom not to as i didn't want to incite a sooking rampage, but seeing as though a mod has said it, i'll back it up :D

Hehe I dunno, Woosaah and I (known Eels fans here) can ruffle a few feathers if we feel fit :p

And we're rebuilding if you must know, Kenny and Stirlo's kids must be at high school league level by now, look out NRL season 2012! [/b]

Sterlo's only child is a girl, and she is 8 years old :p

What annoys me about tahu and the recent circus with tuqiri is these signings are having a huge impact on other established wallabies around the country.

Staniforth and fava have had their ARU contracts reduced despite them having their Western Force salary topped up. Now they are looking to go overseas. What really annoying is theres been so much hoo ha about how the wallabies are a bit thin at 12 with the exception of giteau. HELLO!!! Staniforth has already proven himself as a more then capable inside centre. Looks like the ARU are gonna shaft him once again in favour for a leaugue drongo.
As for fava, he's the form australian number 8 this year along with maybe hoilles. Fava has had a great year so far and i hate him usually.
It doesnt stop there with guys like rathbone and gerrard apparantly getting shafted by the aru as well.

What is also annoying is the waratahs management led by that tosser mckenzie made the biggest noise across australia about how the giteau signing to the force was gonna be detrimental to the game in this country. I would say them and their bum chums at the ARU head office have more to answer for with these recent contract cock ups.

Interesting signing. He seems he could fit the mould nicely. He's big and strong and fast too, but skillful. Could be a good transition. I don't think he is worth what he is being payed though

100% correct. Shiznit must be really sour about something towards the Broncos...maybe he supports Melbourne and can't accept we beat them?
[/b]
I wouldn't say that most Melbourne fans are annoyed by the result of the GF, but by the way in which the result came to pass. Read the 2006 Grand Final thread in the League forum of this site and see the views of those who watched the match as neutrals. It was not an attractive match by any means and some of the ref's decisions were controversial to say the least (not wrong decisions, just controversial).

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I wouldn't say that most Melbourne fans are annoyed by the result of the GF, but by the way in which the result came to pass. Read the 2006 Grand Final thread in the League forum of this site and see the views of those who watched the match as neutrals. It was not an attractive match by any means and some of the ref's decisions were controversial to say the least (not wrong decisions, just controversial). [/b][/quote]

I was only referring to Shiznit :)

Latest posts