• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Taranaki vs Wellington

TRF_woosaah

Academy Player
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Wellington ran away with this game last year 49-15 can they do the same this Saturday night.

Wellington are favourites again to take this one out.

-Forgot Vbookie-

Last edited:
Legitimatly this year though haha. I cant remember last time they looked to have a functioning backline.

TARANAKI: Kurt Baker, Waisake Naholo, Isaia Tuifua, Jayden Hayward, Andre Taylor, Beauden Barrett, Tyson Keats, Samuela Vunisa, Scott Waldrom, Chris Walker, Craig Clarke (captain), Jason Eaton, Michael Bent, Andrew Hore, Carl Carmichael. Reserves, Laurence Corlett, Sione Lea, Blade Thomson, Ben Souness, Brett Goodin, Jack Cameron, Frazier Climo, Kevin Curtis.

WELLINGTON:
Cory Jane, Jason Woodward, Alapati Leiua, Michael Hobbs, Julian Savea, Lima Sopoaga, Piri Weepu, Victor Vito, Scott Fuglistaller, Brad Shields, Mark Reddish, Jeremy Thrush (captain), Whetu Henry, Dane Coles, Neemia Tialata. Reserves, Motu Matu'u, Reggie Goodes, Api Naikatini, Faifili Levave, TJ Penenara, Steve Honey, Apoua Stewart, Ardern David Parrot.

Great to see Kurt Baker and particularly Michael Hobbs back after being out for quite some time with injury. It is interesting to see the likes of Hore, Weepu, and Jane getting some gametime - this will certainly benefit Weepu in particular! Should be a good match-up at 10 between under 20 team-mates Barrett and Sopoaga. The teams look relatively evenly matched; I'm picking Wellington to take it by 5-10 points.

How I wish the Turbos had hung on to Baker and Taylor... anyway should be a good game. Good to see Shields get a run (ahead of Levave no less), I've seen him dominate a few games for Petone so keen to see how he goes for the Lions.

Cory Jane is off with a compound fracture to the ring finger :eek:

didn't see the game :( how did Michael Hobbs & Piri Weepu go? Shame about Janes finger. That will be it for him as far as the All Blacks go I think.

Latest posts