• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team List

T

Trev@Swordfish

This is probably the topic that I receive most PM/emails about.

OK ... first off, I have no idea where that 450 teams figure came from. The 2000+ players figure is probably correct, but we have around 100 teams in the game - never actually counted them. I'm not sure we could find 450 teams if we tried!

We have the key internationals (about 20), English Premier, French Top14, Italian, psuedo Super 14's, classic teams and some bonus unlockables that I do not want to spoil. There some career framework teams too - I think that adds up to just over 100.

Hey, don't sweat it. I have broad shoulders - you have to in this job.

We have tried to add more SANZAR teams this time, but the reality is that the game is NH biased. At the end of the day we are an English developer in the middle of union territory. Our licenses and branding are all NH based, it's unfortunate that it was just not commercially viable (or possible) to include SH provincial teams. There is a lot more content this time though and the career mode is totally unbiased, so there is something for everyone.

You wouldnt happen to have the Celtic League in there by chance?
Please please say yes!

does that mean the irish sides will have official kits/stadiums and all the trimmings??

Originally posted by cavan@Sep 30 2005, 02:51 AM
does that mean the irish sides will have official kits/stadiums and all the trimmings??

We do not have all of ths stadia, that would have been too big an undertaking, but we have the players, kits, logos etc. The kits look great.

And yes ... Neath are there. I use them a lot actually cos I like their kit.

what part of the pseudo 14 dont people understand - its an unlincensed super 14

Originally posted by cavan@Sep 30 2005, 02:55 AM
oh yeah trev are swordfish gonna keep sponsoring the Ospreys this year?

It was actually Acclaim who sponsored them rather than us, so not sure.

By the way - by what names do the welsh teams go -
have you called

Ospreys - "Ospreys" or "Neath Swansea"

Llanelli - "Llanelli" or "Scarlets"

Newport Gwent - "Newport Gwent" or "Dragons"

Cardiff - "Cardiff" or "Blues"

make sure you give them their regional names eg Ospreys, Scarlets, Dragons and Blues or you might upset the Welsh supporters

Thanks

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Sep 29 2005, 06:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 29 2005, 06:29 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Sep 30 2005, 02:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-cavan
@Sep 30 2005, 02:55 AM

Travis Perkins now sponsor them;

http://www.travisperkins.co.uk/aboutus/sponsorship/osprey/ [/b]
Yes!

Another team I can get discount kit from due to Travis Perkins sponsorship.

Oh wait, it's the Ospreys.
<

Better than Llanelli I suppose.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Sep 30 2005, 01:30 AM
We have the key internationals (about 20), English Premier, French Top14, Italian, psuedo Super 14's, classic teams and some bonus unlockables that I do not want to spoil. There some career framework teams too - I think that adds up to just over 100.
Italian? As in Italian league? Never.

I woulda thought it'd just be the two Italian clubs in the Heiny Cup. Crazy if it's true.

20 - International Teams (most likely the World Cup 2003 nations)
12 - Guinness Premiership
11 - Celtic League
14 - LNR Top 14
2 -- additional Italian clubs to make up the Heineken Cup
14 - Super Pseudo Southern Hemisphere Provinicial 14
---
73 total so far

8 - if there is the Italian Super 10 (added to the Heineken 2)
---
81 total so far* (still can't forsee the Italian Super 10 though).

If Trev says 'just over 100 teams' than that is either 20 or nearly 30 additional squads o' classic and squads o' fun that we'll have at our hands. Lions, Barbarians, Best of Hemispheres, former world cup sides, but, more importantly -- create your own, including OURSELVES in the game.

Hot.

Finally I get to crash tackle each and every one of you sour little TRF smackponys.

this game is going to be immense i cant wait - play has it at a novemeber 11th release date - thats the same day as wales play fiji so im in for a good day, my first match i think will be wales and fiji.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Sep 30 2005, 06:55 AM
Italian?  As in Italian league?  Never.

Yes ... it's just the 2 Italian teams in the H Cup. I'd never heard of some of the teams in the Italian league!

I checked with the guy who works on the database tonight and we have 98 active teams.

Using Captains' maths you can see there are a lot of classic/bonus teams.

Still short of 450 tho.
<

Capts maths = 73

plus the Lions and BaaBaas = 75

23 teams of randomness to play around with then... just what sort of changes can we make to teams trev?
... We can change the name -

can we change their kit?
can we edit the squad (but keep it at a constant 20 players)?

sounds good tho ... excitement levels are starting to increase slightly with the locks/knows review, damn him and his playtesting - ignorance was bliss for a while, now I'm as eager as a rabbit on heat... booiing!

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Sep 30 2005, 05:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Sep 30 2005, 05:58 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Sep 29 2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Sep 30 2005, 02:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-cavan
@Sep 30 2005, 02:55 AM

Travis Perkins now sponsor them;

http://www.travisperkins.co.uk/aboutus/sponsorship/osprey/
Yes!

Another team I can get discount kit from due to Travis Perkins sponsorship.

Oh wait, it's the Ospreys.
<

Better than Llanelli I suppose. [/b]
Because I work for them (TP), the season ticket holders discount doesn't hold any value...
<

So with the likes of these classic and bonus sides, will you be able to play them against any team, or will they be restricted to facing certain teams ala Team Lomu, and Rage etc. in Jonah Lomu Rugby?

Trev

Is there any chance I could get a screenshot of Northampton saints? maybe a action shot or just a kit or stadium shot. Pretty please.

Maybe e-mail might be more sophisticated.

[email protected]

Latest posts