• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team names?

• Thread starter edinburgh_gunner
  • Start date
E

edinburgh_gunner

I wondered if there is anyway to rename teams? Like richmond to the Harlequins etc.. Any help would be grand

Not sure whats in the modding thread, (PC Version) haven't checked for a while

go here to see what they have got!
<

Originally posted by sambad5@Apr 2 2005, 09:56 AM
no
short and sweet answer, i like it. Thats annoying cause I wanted to add connacht and the borders to have a full celtic league.

Still can't create a tourney though. This could easily have been rectified. They could have just put Borders and Connacht in the game, plus the non Heineken Cup ZP teams. Then a create a tournament/league mode, and you could create the ZP, CL and CC.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Apr 2 2005, 08:14 AM
I wondered if there is anyway to rename teams? Like richmond to the Harlequins etc.. Any help would be grand
i'm sure if oyu can edit the player names using the editor then it's more than possible to do the same for the teams. maybe you should try pming the creator of it (see the mod thread) and asking him if he can add that functionality.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Apr 2 2005, 08:14 AM
Actually harlequins are actually refferred to as such in the commentary even though they are unlicenced.

They are refered to as 'The Harlequins' in the commentary, so that avoided the lisence problem for them nicely. (A Harlequin being a clown or buffoon)

Wasps have the only NH lisence

So then why don't they call all the teams by their eal names except adding 'THE' before saying it.

ROFL!!!!!!

wasps?.....out of all teams they chose wasps....why!

why couldnt they finish off the other teams!?!?!

Originally posted by kinkon89@Apr 2 2005, 07:53 PM
ROFL!!!!!!

wasps?.....out of all teams they chose wasps....why!
Because they are European Champions perhaps?

Because they were the only team that would sign on. Also i've noticed they are calling Edmondson, 'Edmonds' (his real name) in the commentary.

I think as long there is nothing in writing (like team names, kits, badges etc) they can call them what they want in commentary. There's no law against using the name verbally.

So why don't they do it for all the unlicenced teams. I want to here there real names not where the team is based.

They call all the players by their real names, Fraser of Brescia for example is referred to as Fraser in the commentary, but his name is given as Fisher. It also calls Corleto by his real name in the commentary, when it is written as Corlerio or something.

licensing peoples names and even team names is just bullshit in my opinion. that stuff is public domain as far as i'm concerned.

Still, i'd like to here there real names. Also i don't think many Japs are licenced if any.

It's possible that the lack of japanese players is cause they play for company teams in japan, and there could be a whole bunch of legal red tape about it. It's sad when money gets in the way of authentic teams for gamers.

True. Which is **** though. Ohata i think is spelled in the game as Ohaktan or something like that. Looks a bit german.

Latest posts