• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tennis, ... can someone beat federer?

Y

yeyearaya

i think federer is the best tenois player in the history, who do you think would be the next to win this position??

i think that if nadal plays a little bit better in concrete surface it could happen.....

i think federer is the best tenois player in the history, who do you think would be the next to win this position??

i think that if nadal plays a little bit better in concrete surface it could happen.....
[/b]
Pete Sampras would kill Federer....Federer is a chump

federer is probably going to be the best ever when its all said in done i think a sampras v federer in their primes match would be incredible.

federer is probably going to be the best ever when its all said in done i think a sampras v federer in their primes match would be incredible. [/b]

From a technical standpoint it would be great, but it would also be one of the most boring displays of tennis you would see. Sampras was the most broing player of his generation and Federer is the most boring of this generation. Two players with emmence talent but with as much personality as a stick, and their style of play can put anyone to sleep.

I wouldn't say federer is boring in his style of play. Some of the shots he makes are amazing. I don't think anyone has dominated a sport in the way federer has.

i love fed's style of play

djokovic is the next great player and its a shame andy roddick my boy probably wont be up in the top 5 ever again!

How can you possibly call Federer boring?

I guess if you really wanted you could class the fact that he usually wins as dull, but his style of play is amazing. He moves his opponent around the court like no player I've ever seen, and like all the best sportsmen, makes it looks effortless in the process.

As for his personality, he just appears very laid back and down to earth - probably why he's regarded as one of the nicest guys on the circuit.

Can't fault the bloke IMO.

The thing about Federer is that he`s just a true champ. No need for silly sideshows, no need to question the umpire`s calls. He just goes out onto the court, hits winner after winner, all in a day`s work. The consummate professional. Can`t exactly help that there`s nobody good enough to really push him at the moment.

But I do believe that he really needs a rival. Sure Nadal looks the business on clay especially, but I`d love to see what a real rival, on any surface, will do for Federer`s game. Borg was immense during his heyday, but left his very best tennis for his matches against McEnroe. Same thing with Sampras and Agassi, they pushed each other to a greater level. I`d love to see just how good Federer can really be if he had a rival who could push him like that.

"A Chump"?

A nice way to describe him considering his domination in this modern era.

I don't really like tennis but the only matches I try to see are Federer's.

This guy makes tennis an entertaining thing to watch, heaven if the person doesn't like the sport... That's the way I consider him as a real sport champion.

How can anyone call federer boring, he is very stilish with both hands, and always have a nice rythm going on, and odn't about you but I get never bored with winners.

How can anyone call federer boring, he is very stilish with both hands, and always have a nice rythm going on, and odn't about you but I get never bored with winners.

Federer may be boring for those who don't understan the sport and can't see the "perfectness" in his game.
It's like those who criticised Michael Schumacher for winning absolutely everything. It's not that they don't have any good rivals, it's just that they are far better than the rest.
The same happened with Juan Manuel Fangio, Steffi Graf, Micheal Jordan, Pelé, Lance Armstrong, etc, etc.

Of the active tennis players, I don't think anyone can beat Federer.
He may lose some games (to players like Djokovic, Nadal or Cañas), but he will always be the number one player, there is no doubt about it.

I'm sure 20 years from now, when another player starts dominating, people will call him a 'chump' and talk about Federer like he is God, and talk about how back in Federer's day the standard of play was much higher. I've heard it 100 times with almost every pro sport.

He never beat Rafa Nadal in Roland Garros and Nalbandian beat him in the last master series in Madrid, but he will be still number one for a long long time.

I don't agree, I think the rivalry between himself and Nadal is shaping up to be potentially one of the greats, both are closing the gap on their respective weaker surfaces, so we should have some intriguing matches ahead of us. Throw Djokovic into the mix and there's even more potential.

Latest posts