• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

That horn thing

A

AllezWasps

So far in every match of the RWC I have head a horn in the crowd play a little tune followed by the rest of the crowd doing a quick cheer. It usually happens just before a kick off during the match.

Any ideas what it is, or if it has a name?

So far in every match of the RWC I have head a horn in the crowd play a little tune followed by the rest of the crowd doing a quick cheer. It usually happens just before a kick off during the match.

Any ideas what it is, or if it has a name?
[/b]
Don't know mate, but I think it's a french thang.

It's bloody brilliant, I love it heheh, and yeah I'm quite certain it's a French thing, although I'm pretty sure I heard it at the games in both Cardiff and Edinburgh as well. Definitely adds to the atmosphere a bit.

Sounds like some bull fighting horn and everyone shouts 'Ole!'. I heard it last night before kick off but they were probably too busy watching the match to play it again. They even had the announcements and everything in French in Cardiff. In the Wales v Australia game I heard an announcement in French, Welsh and English.

yeah I've heard it in every game so far too, no matter who is playing, it does indeed sound Spanish/bullfighter. Would love to know what it is too, and whether its French or not, even if the crowd is largely unFrench, the other supporters have taken to it as well.

They play it at kickoff, whenever points are scored, and when replacements come on.

Later on it becomes extremely irritating :p