• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The 101 Wit Chiro

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

ok first off thanx trev and all the reviewerz for doing there bit to give us a view on things

i seriously hope you guys arent licking sword fishes ass(or st helens) because i would leave this forum and you would all die of starvation of my genuis postss!

anyways i watched the trailer

and i wasnt as
<
as you guys...mainly cause it looks the same as the old one but prettier and smoother,but with knowsley saying it looks the same but feels differently kind of pans things out abit....

i see it running alot faster than the original BUT one thing i am concerned about...which is the MAJOR PROBLEM IN ALL RUGBY GAMEZ(besides the gameplay that is)...IS THE DEFENDING A.I

it looks as useless as every other rugby game..and another thing..i saw alot of going from side to side type action in the game which led to big yards being made or try scoring which was THE VERY SAME CASE IN WCR!!..which made it boring and repetitive...please tell me this is not the case

i know everything changes when ya playing against another human player but im mainly talking about the a.i here

the a.i defence!!!..is there variety when you play against the a.i?...can you charge midfield with your centres hitting gaps?

can you use your forwards to hit up around the rucks or pick and goes to make yards up the middle?

i dont like this repetitive play of goin side to side with the ocassion grubber kick which is the case with wcr and rugby 06 and 03 and rugby league too..

the defence lines looks very slack especially from scrums where it shud be at its most organised,general play looks lovely and loose...

my main thoughts are against the defence as the offence looks lovely and smooth and very loose running..i like it..looks gud
but the d-lines dont look very strong

anyways as locksley,st helens,knowsley and the other guy...the cool guy..i forgot ya name bro

you guys seem to quite happy from first impressions which is very strong in saying that as with the past rugby/rugby league games i never got around to "feeling" excited playing it and have always TRIED to find enjoyment..

ohwell..time will tell

i cant wait for this game?...no..i can...ive been fed up with the past efforts of rugby gaming as it doesnt do our great sport any justice at all

atleast lomu had withstood the time and technology with the shear genius gameplay and funfactor!!

roll on feb.!....i wont be holding my breathe...but as a rugby and video game fan i will be cehcking this game out

maybe not with the enthuism i had for the others...coz they sukd

sweet!

Very valid points Chiro!! One other thing that caught my eye is the big tackle(no arm tackle causing nock on every time) a bit of a worry on that one!!

Seriously though Chiro you will always work out the AI in any rugby game after 2-3 weeks max!! Lets hope they can get a good balance of difficulty in the game as it must be super tough to programe the AI. I would rather have a long learning curve on any game than pick up and play.

Remember when you played JLR against a new player you would cream them about 100-0 even if they knew the game of rugby. But once you got the hang of it oooohhhhh the sheer joy of JLR!! Especially multiplayer.

I'm not so sure the defensive aspect of the AI could be that difficult to program. One very useful thing would be to be able to choose a style of defense, such as a rush, drift, etc. as this would allow for more gameplay variability.

I think as long as the players are programmed to work as a team rather than a set of individuals (which seemed to be the case in Rugby 2005) it should be easy enough to program a drift defense.

One thing in the video which concerned me is the way in which your supporting attacking players try to keep a fixed distance between themselves and the ball carrier. A couple of times in the video, the fly half gets the ball, runs a wide arc, and the supporting players run away to keep a fixed distance.

What would be much better is that you have a "library" of say 5 set plays which your team knows. These would just store the running lines of the supporting players, and you then control your 10 and time your own running and passes to put players through gaps.

Anyway, that's my idea. I hope to God someone implements it. It would be so much better than EA's lame attempts at set plays, which are so unresponsive they seem almost entirely CPU controlled.

Also, I really think that RC2006 will miss having set plays. Any real life rugby player who plays in the backs knows that without the backline knowing what lines to run, you would never get anywhere.

Personally it looks really arcadey to me, the rediculous 'I'll knock you back 50 yrds' tackle on the Irish winger being a good example! I think on single player it will be fun for about a week then will be too simple and one dimensional - multiplyer will have some promise though.

in rugby games multi-player always holds the key to the lastability..

thats the thing tho,its always gonna be that way but with the single player modes lacking any longevity

the d-lines look very stiff..they run in one direction and thats on a directional angle..where they should be running head on then turn if the attacking player is running to there side

you know how on madden,you could use the trigger buttons to line up a player if you hold them down to give you a more accurate hit rather than just diving

that would have been a nice feature in here..as the lines look TOO EASY to break...you just gotta find a balance tho

i would rather the game being this arcadey atleast it aint like the ea'sports street arcadey..that bullshit

anywho my cuzzins is in this game and so is I!!!

waaaahooooo

Trust me on this Chiro, the defending AI is excellent. Obviously after extended play you figure it out but other than that it is going to be a challenge to break down.

i dream of the day when you can throw a dummy pass, and break through the defensive line, untouched, run 80m and score a try - ala daniel carter

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Dec 17 2005, 08:08 AM

thats the thing tho,its always gonna be that way but with the single player modes lacking any longevity

the d-lines look very stiff..they run in one direction and thats on a directional angle..where they should be running head on then turn if the attacking player is running to there side

you know how on madden,you could use the trigger buttons to line up a player if you hold them down to give you a more accurate hit rather than just diving

that would have been a nice feature in here..as the lines look TOO EASY to break...you just gotta find a balance tho

i would rather the game being this arcadey atleast it aint like the ea'sports street arcadey..that bullshit

waaaahooooo
Someone is taking over Chiro posts. His recent post are not like the Chiro I know!

Anyways, I agree with Chiro. Eventhough what Locks, St Helens etc I am still abit wary that it will have the lastabilty.

The tackling still looks unresponsive when I watched the trailor. Hopefully I am wrong though.

hey...shut the thing on ya face known as your talking hole

ok..shut it

Originally posted by gjohn85+Dec 17 2005, 12:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Dec 17 2005, 12:27 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Dec 17 2005, 08:08 AM

waaaahooooo
Someone is taking over Chiro posts. His recent post are not like the Chiro I know!

Anyways, I agree with Chiro. Eventhough what Locks, St Helens etc I am still abit wary that it will have the lastabilty.

The tackling still looks unresponsive when I watched the trailor. Hopefully I am wrong though. [/b]
I know what you mean. It seems that ever since he became a "Moderater" he has started making a little sense in his posts...

Or, we are just getting used to him?

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Dec 17 2005, 06:55 PM
rite now....i wanna fight YOU!
You don't want to **** me off...

I once bit a mans testicles off after he spilt his drink onto my shoes...

Originally posted by gjohn85+Dec 17 2005, 01:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Dec 17 2005, 01:27 PM)</div>
Someone is taking over Chiro posts. His recent post are not like the Chiro I know![/b]
<!--QuoteBegin- chiro

theres the chiro we all know and love... well, mabie not love, but you get the point
<

but yes - i find that reviews of games, regardless if they are from locks, st h, or anyone else from this forum - or some magazine, they are all more positive towards a game when it comes out, and then even as soon as a day (in rl2's case) instanty changes there mind.

but i for one, am going to buy it. solely because im in it
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Dec 17 2005, 06:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Dec 17 2005, 06:59 PM)</div>
@Dec 17 2005, 06:55 PM

I once bit a mans testicles off after he spilt his drink onto my shoes... [/b]
and you never said sorry!!!

Originally posted by gjohn85+Dec 17 2005, 12:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Dec 17 2005, 12:27 PM)</div>
@Dec 17 2005, 08:08 AM

waaaahooooo

The tackling still looks unresponsive when I watched the trailor. Hopefully I am wrong though. [/b]
You cant really say that tackling looks unresponsive from just watching a video, how do you know what the user was pushing ? The user himself might have been unresponsive . Thats if a user was involved.

With regards to the AI defense this is a must for me as I only play single player and I found it to be varied even on the lower level. You could make a break and then couldnt get through again.

To be honest I think most promo vids usually seem to show a low difficulty setting and im sure this video was probably set on easy.

Maybe trev could confirm ?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Dec 17 2005, 07:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Dec 17 2005, 07:59 PM)</div>

I once bit a mans testicles off after he spilt his drink onto my shoes... [/b]
I lost my bag tonight.

And people had fights for no good reason.

I wish I had my bag back. It was a nice bag.

Good post post Chiro, I agree with your comments,

Warning -5%
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Dec 17 2005, 06:42 PM
hey...shut the thing on ya face known as your talking hole

ok..shut it
He's back!

It's like being possessed by evil spirits. One minute Chiro talks polity, the next he uses his ghetto slang & abuses everyone!
<

Originally posted by JJ-+Dec 18 2005, 12:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Dec 18 2005, 12:45 AM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Dec 17 2005, 07:59 PM

I once bit a mans testicles off after he spilt his drink onto my shoes...
I lost my bag tonight.

And people had fights for no good reason.

I wish I had my bag back. It was a nice bag.

Good post post Chiro, I agree with your comments,

Warning -5%
<
[/b]
Yeah, I hear that, some ****** came and stole 3 $700 cellphones...

...And then I lost my carkeys.

But I found them...

And now I'm safely back at home...

Latest posts