• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Americas Cup

S

shiznit

hey guys...

just checking to see if anyone has been watching the americas cup??

TeamNZ won the LV cup so will now challenge Alinghi for the Americas cup...

i havent actually watched a full race as of yet because of the timing but i will probably watch the start of the first Americas Cup race to see if TeamNZ have any chance of beating the defenders...

is there any interest in Europe or in the States??

I've been following it off the News and it has grabbed my attention quite closely in the Louis V. I am looking forward to see Team New Zealand retain the America's Cup, even though I have been hearing that Alinghi (Switzaland) are still a class ahead of them. Should be a challenging one for us after being beaten by the same team 5-0 in the best of nine series a few years back.

It's a shame the Americans (Oracle) saw themselves being eliminated by the underdogs, Luna Rossa of Italy. The Americans by far had the most expensive yacht in the competition out of all the rest but still did not match top opponents or at least make the final as expected. That's quite disappointing really and to see the America's Cup sailing away from them and the country for such a long time has got to hurt them...badly.

Hey, an upside of the fall of American Dominance is that we don't have to put up with that fatarse Denis Conner anymore, although its a shame the Aussies aren't entering anymore, been awhile since we had a good boat sinking.

That 37 Million Dollars the Government put in isn't looking like to shabby an investment now either.

Hey, an upside of the fall of American Dominance is that we don't have to put up with that fatarse Denis Conner anymore, although its a shame the Aussies aren't entering anymore, been awhile since we had a good boat sinking.

That 37 Million Dollars the Government put in isn't looking like to shabby an investment now either. [/b]

It still would have been better spent on building a national stadium...

yeah i have been watching this, been recording the races and waking up in the morning and watching it (the highlights in the morning are all over the place and hard to follow) its definatly been a good watch.

lookin forward to the final series a few late nights i can feel.

Latest posts