• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ashes 2017-18

These day night games are great for us in the UK, get to see so much more live Cricket :D

SMITH GONE !!! I didn't think it was possible!!

Got up early to watch the cricket. Really wished I hadn't.

The Aussies were better in every department and Marsh was awesome.

Only the rain can save us from a humiliating defeat.......

Tomorrow's supposed to be the last day we might get rain.

England's been saved sessions byit being a day/night test. The forecast has had afternoons and evenings more affected by rain this week than in the mornings.

These day night games are great for us in the UK, get to see so much more live Cricket :D

SMITH GONE !!! I didn't think it was possible!!
Doesn't happen easy, often...

I think he averages in the 80s or 90s in tests after he makes 20.

The level of arrogance and hubris by our god damn team...

I don't know why you put the hard yards in and then NOT enforce the follow on in a day night test...

...and then when wickets start to fall you don't put a night watchman in until all your top order has already fallen.

The level of arrogance and hubris by our god damn team...

I don't know why you put the hard yards in and then NOT enforce the follow on in a day night test...

...and then when wickets start to fall you don't put a night watchman in until all your top order has already fallen.
Relax. You Aussies are giving us a sporting chance to drag out the test into the final couple of days. Even if we skittle you out for 150 total, that leaves a fourth innings chase of nearly 370, which just isn't going to happen.

Well, its tense. Root needs to stay in, Woakes needs to stick around for at least the first hour tomorrow. Game is still massively in Australias favour but the next session will make or break Englands series :)

Oh, and a quick work about Anderson & Woakes bowling after Smith, inexplicably, didn't enforce the FO. They were fantastic, great bowling and have kept England in with a chance

Why the hell are you Pommy guys so pessimistic? You only need 200 runs with 7 wickets in hand IN ADELAIDE on a batters deck.

We ****** this one away. If you can't put up 200 over a full day under these conditions then I don't know why you'd bother coming here in the first place. You'd blood a new team.

200 runs with 7 wickets, that's why we're pessimistic :D :D Don't think we've chased anything over 300 in the last 10 years +

We're fragile, and we're used to not chasing well, esp away from home...

200 runs with 7 wickets, that's why we're pessimistic :D :D Don't think we've chased anything over 300 in the last 10 years +

We're fragile, and we're used to not chasing well, esp away from home...
This..............

@Hound - Whilst I agree that Adelaide is a batting wicket it will deteriorate on the final day and offer something to your bowlers - particularly Nathan Lyon. In the same way the outcome of the first test was determined by Smith's innings, the outcome of this one will depend upon Joe Root: if he stays in (and doesn't run out of partners) we have a chance. If he goes we're done.

Why the hell are you Pommy guys so pessimistic? You only need 200 runs with 7 wickets in hand IN ADELAIDE on a batters deck.

We ****** this one away. If you can't put up 200 over a full day under these conditions then I don't know why you'd bother coming here in the first place. You'd blood a new team.
6 wickets in the first session... don't know if it was as good a batting wicket as people said. Both second innings saw the ball swinging all over the shop and England really fell apart today

@Hound - Whilst I agree that Adelaide is a batting wicket it will deteriorate on the final day and offer something to your bowlers - particularly Nathan Lyon. In the same way the outcome of the first test was determined by Smith's innings, the outcome of this one will depend upon Joe Root: if he stays in (and doesn't run out of partners) we have a chance. If he goes we're done.
I hate it when being correct simply confirms the paucity of talent within the England team right now. We're too f*cking fragile.

Latest posts