• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The best code?

Which do you think is better?

• League, it has more action, power and there's no time wasted with constant kicking to touch for set

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Union, it's more tactical and the ball is always being contested!

• Both! I like both for their respective strengths!

• Total voters
S

sanzar

I thought I'd add this poll in protest to Maddogs one
<
. As personally I do like both codes and follow them with equal enthusiasm!
It will be an unbalanced count, as this is the "rugby" forum, but still...

There will never be a real "best" code. Only, which code is preferred by most. But really, does that matter? For me I prefer union but in no way does that make me think that in is the best code.

My background is union and I do love it. However I like RL and his History. I like the passion of his supporters and I have very good discussions with them. I've never rejected them and I think that if I had lived at the time of the schism it is very likely that I would have been in the RL camp.

Union. I respect League, but I prefer Union as I think it involves a wider range of skills, and you can actually turn the ball over.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Mar 31 2005, 09:10 PM
Union. I respect League, but I prefer Union as I think it involves a wider range of skills, and you can actually turn the ball over.
Yarr, I agree.

League's attraction's for me are:
1) Big tackles.
2) The odd bit of exciting running play.
3) The tries scored from kicks.

But overall, I like rugby union much much more.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Mar 31 2005, 06:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Mar 31 2005, 06:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Mar 31 2005, 09:10 AM
and you can actually turn the ball over.
<
<
<
<
<

You can in league! [/b]
Technically only after the opposition have had 6 chances of running it at you. The only other realistic way of getting a turnover is if they drop it. Otherwise the ball should be fairly safe.

well, i would watch or play league if i had to, but i learned the game of union first as a wee tyke

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Mar 31 2005, 09:10 PM
Thats the main difference... Union is more about the contest for the ball, whereas league is mostly about "what you can do WITH the ball".

Latest posts