• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The best ever try?

i think it is a fine try, great support, simple passing, phil bennet i belive stepping his way out of his 22..... Brilliant! :p

One of Prince Obilensky's tries when he terrorised the All Blacks before war killed him in the 1930s.

One of the finest ever would surely have to be the try that the french scored against the All Blacks, to win in the last minute of the second test in '94.

It was called "The try from the end of the earth" by some commentator and it stuck for a while.

It was rugby played with the fast forward button down. The All Blacks scrambled and defended well enough for most teams, but to no avail.

I love that one the French score against England at Twickenham (I think) can't find a video of it. It's the one they take behind their own goal-line and just sweep all the way up the other end.

That one was magical.

Also liked the one scored by Toutai Kefu in John Eales last match during injury time in the 2001 Bledisloe Cup and Tri-Nations final. Sheer strength driving him to score a miracle try. In terms of sheer determination by a forward, that'd top it.

Whoa shiiiit lol...thats awesome!!! Everyone was going absolute burko! Imagine how the opposition felt lol!

One of the best nights of my life. I was only 15 at the time as well, never experienced anything like it.

Jeez ay...so it was back in 2000? (im guessing cos you're 22 now and you said you were 15 when it was played..)

There have been some very special tries in State Of Origin football...i'll go look for some

It wasn't just the quality of the try, it was the pressure we were under. One mistake and it was over. Well, for that game anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjhE7DOvD-c

The best try you'll ever see anywhere. Time has gone, one more tackle and we go to a sudden death game to stay in the playoffs. Chris Joynt scores and we go on to hold all three trophies.

Beat that.
[/b]

That's in with a good old shout given the circumstances. They must have though they had you when those high passes were getting tossed around.

That certainly was dramatic if anything else! What was it to win? [/b]

It was to go and play Wigan in the Grand Final qualifier. I admit that had we loss it wouldn't have been the end of the world but everything could have worked out so differently had we not scored that try. Our history could have been so different...

That's in with a good old shout given the circumstances. They must have though they had you when those high passes were getting tossed around. [/b]

I'll bet they did. It was desperation panic rugby. Thankfully we did what we're known across the world for - kept the ball alive. It was that team that became famous for flicking the ball about but that was a very well worked try. Not that it was planned - made of desperation, inspiration, and the endeavour of a very, very talented team.

I'll bet they did. It was desperation panic rugby. Thankfully we did what we're known across the world for - kept the ball alive. It was that team that became famous for flicking the ball about but that was a very well worked try. Not that it was planned - made of desperation, inspiration, and the endeavour of a very, very talented team.
[/b]

That sort of nerve when it's basically "go to ground and lose the game" takes proper brass balls.

glen_balls1.jpg

The try that John Kirwan scored against Italy in the first World cup match ever wasn't half bad.

It is considered to be the best by the majority, now you decide ;):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5mos-sUaK0
[/b]

My mum was at that game. It is probably the best try ever, but I like Gareth Jenkins try more against Ireland in 2005, because it helped us win the Grandslam, but I was at the game so it is by far the best try I've seen in a match I've been too. However, Shane Williams try against the Wallabies in 2005 was really good too.

Latest posts