• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The best Rugby 06 game.

Which game do you think that will be better?

• Rugby 06

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby Challenge 2006

• Rugby League 2

• Other

• Total voters
yeah so true

as for the grass on rl2 they do have different grass for each stadium if you want darker grass at a particular stadium (and it isn't in the game) it doesnt take a rocket scientest (or a systems admin in my case) much to change that.

the only thing that is crap about the nrl graphics (IMO) is the crowd, but you dont need a decent looking crowd, it just needs to look like there are people in the stands, and the way its varied by how many people are in the stands its wicked. especially in the franchise mode

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 17 2006, 12:49 PM
You watch, Rugby 07 will come out and have on its feature list: "NEW REVOLUTIONARY WEATHER EFFECTS THAT CAN NOW BE ALTERED STADIUM TO STADIUM!!!"
you know it mate

one step at a time, coz it will be bought with each version

if they fixed it all for 2006, then they'd have to think about doing something different for 2007

i reckon for each franchise EA makes.........they have a timeline for its lifespan, and include different features with each edition, all the way to the final edition, in which they already know from the start of the whole franchise what the final edition will include

there will be 1 more... EA2007 for current consoles............2007 will have weather and play against the lions

like this

2004 - just bang in the basics, and dont go over budget
2005 - use the FIFA engine
2006 - include the offloads, and revamp the kicking
2007 - alter weather conditions, play the lions, and maybe we'll have manual rucks/mauls

and they had this timeline since 2003, when they announced the whole new project/franchise of EA Rugby

it is a money making machine!!!

hey can someone please post the website addresses for Locksley and Knowsleyroader's sites.

ak47 - man you are cynical! But you are probably not wrong. If the punters got a pefect game in the first one of the series and if all the sequels could offer were database updates then no-one would buy anymore. Why pay $90 for teh same game but with slightly different players and teams.

I studied programming and we were taught how to deliberately put in code that would need to be patched at a later date. It was guaranteed work and everybody does it.

Originally posted by BigTen@Jan 17 2006, 04:12 PM
ak47 - man you are cynical! But you are probably not wrong. If the punters got a pefect game in the first one of the series and if all the sequels could offer were database updates then no-one would buy anymore. Why pay $90 for teh same game but with slightly different players and teams.

I studied programming and we were taught how to deliberately put in code that would need to be patched at a later date. It was guaranteed work and everybody does it.
I'll take that as a complement BigTen

But yes, i see how it works on that side of the 8-ball

When u look at Tiger Woods series

2004 made our world, they revamped everything for the optimum
Each annual edition after that, everybody has slagged coz it does NOT offer the same jump from 2003-2004....only a few course tweaks, and extra pros, but what we all wanted was tighter golf, it was too easy hitting 50's, and still is.

That is how it works, but on a side note for us rugby gamers, we were totally jipped with 2004, thus EA should just throw everything into it, to make up for that debacle

EA's cricket series hasnt moved in 3 years, so they gotto re-hash that cookie too....

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 17 2006, 05:24 PM
Konami have been making perfect annual updates for years...
But they're Japanese...
<

I agree with what you guys are saying AK & Bigten. Considering the price for these games everyone that has bought a copy invested in the future of rugby gaming, that is why, in my opinion EA should really deliver something this time round that has at least a longer gamelife than the previous installments

Latest posts