The Breakdown Rugby Show Episode Discussion

TheOvalBall

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
France
How about we talk about what was discussed on the most recent episode of The Breakdown ?

Here's the latest one from yesterday, 28 July 2020.

They had Bill Beaumont on, and it's clear World Rugby is not doing enough. Way more transparency needed regarding the game.
Also, I really enjoy Jeff Wilson as the host.
John Kirwan is a real credit to this show.

Wow. Rod Kafer saying the Aussie teams could easily challenge the NZ teams. That's a laugh! :oops:

They had Bill Beaumont on, and it's clear World Rugby is not doing enough. Way more transparency needed regarding the game.

That was the biggest farce of a rugby interview I've ever seen in my life. He talked for about 10 minutes without saying anything. No surprise of course, they're equal parts corrupt and incompetent.

Owen Farrell and Maro Itoje might go to the Chiefs ? That's interesting.

Owen Farrell and Maro Itoje might go to the Chiefs ? That's interesting.
Hopefully when gatland isn't coaching. It would be a shame for them to come to A NZ super rugby Team and not actually be a part Of a NZ style team.

The thing I like most about what foster said here and about what fox said last week is there seems to be an appreciation of the need for players to adapt to the opposition playing in a manner we hadn't planned for. Whether the coaches are just trying to build that capacity by creating high expectations for it from their players or whether they will also be trying to arm them with a toolkit of options I'm not sure, but I hope they are doing both. England worked us out last year and our players weren't able to adapt, so it would be good to build that capacity, (though if we had selected at least one more experienced player in bender and or Crotty we might have had a better chance to adapt.)

Latest posts