• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The demo will be out

W

Wallaby84

I have heard whispers from some mates in the industry that a demo will come out very shortly but i cannot say when as it has to be announced by easports properly.

What i can say is that it will be playable sooner then we think.

<
<
<
<
<

Awesome! this month? *cough*

Well if thats true then EA will know there has been a leak whether you tell us the date / month or not.

No offense but I am very wary as to whispers and rumours regarding anything. If I listened to whispers then Paul Sculthorpe has been leaving the Saints for the past 3 years
<

anyone remember the 2004 demo build up? never knew when that was coming - was much later than expected.. i somehow managed to play it plenty of times with disregard of how bad it was.

Very surprised that any online gaming sites or magazines havent had a play of this yet. Dont they usually get a go of the test copy. As it seems its ready to go for test, if EA were confident of what they had in their hands wouldnt they be flashing it around ?

From what ive noticed of other ***les, EA only seems to keep releases that are pants close to their chest. With the big ***les that they believe are quality, arnt they flashing them about at the first opportunity ?

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 16 2005, 12:33 AM
Very surprised that any online gaming sites or magazines havent had a play of this yet. Dont they usually get a go of the test copy. As it seems its ready to go for test, if EA were confident of what they had in their hands wouldnt they be flashing it around ?

From what ive noticed of other ***les, EA only seems to keep releases that are pants close to their chest. With the big ***les that they believe are quality, arnt they flashing them about at the first opportunity ?
Playstation.com.au are testing in a few days or so

I think I am just beyond paranoid with this ***le. I am just dreading the review..

" This game uses the fifa engine so the graphics are really great. However the gameplay isnt even in the same league as fifa ....
<

Ohh well theres always next year... or the year after.. or ..... etc
<

2004 - "remember, this isn't madden" ...
2005 - "remember, this isn't FIFA/Madden/GOOD"..?

... lets give it a chance, at least everyone is now wary of what might happen, which at least tempers the excitement/hopes of the masses

Im quite prepared to give peace a chance .... dont know about EA though
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
  anyone remember the 2004 demo build up? never knew when that was coming - was much later than expected.. i somehow managed to play it plenty of times with disregard of how bad it was.[/b]

was thinking the same thing before I read your post, same old story, same old effect, same hype, same excitement...same bad quality easports game

untill a well-known site gives it at-least a 7 and a half out of 10, buying the game won't be an option. After not making 1 single game worth playing, why would someone bother playing some game from HB Studios? Wait untill Swordfish brings out their next installment

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 15 2005, 11:29 PM
anyone remember the 2004 demo build up? never knew when that was coming - was much later than expected.. i somehow managed to play it plenty of times with disregard of how bad it was.
So did I!!! But thats because we all thought the demo was an early build that would be drastically improved on... little did we know it was the finished product! So we all sat there playing it saying to ourselves "wow! This is what they came up with early in production! This may be pretty weak, but from this they can make the final game unbelievable!"...
f***EN EA! is all I can say...

yes lol i rememba that and locksley telling us the game was shithouse and guess who still went down to the shop and bought rugby 2004 first day of release

There's nothing wrong with giving us a date bro. Very soon could be 2 days or 2 weeks!

Originally posted by Wallaby84@Jan 22 2005, 06:46 PM
i need to be quite on this one.
ok... but why? Just pretend your EA - officially announce it to us
<

Feb 1st, hot or cold?
<

ok, don't give us an exact date .... how about you try approximating it a little better then "soon"

.... by mid-february
.... by end-february
.... before release

or better yet, some details on the game itself - if I knew more info, I'd be quite happy to wait ages for the demo/game

the official site seems to be stuck in some sort of time trap... love readin' the media section on that site too ... surprisingly not a bad word said!!!

... and wallaby84... you can tell us, EA won't know 'cuz ea don't come here, or if they do they don't pay any attention/communicate in anyway, so its totally safe
... or you could re-register as somebody else (wallaby83???) and just post a date up... c'mon, we'll all be ur friend!

Latest posts