• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Draw

teh mite speaks ********!! jst ignore him

hes a racist vile little man!!

the ospreys will be the team to beat next year, theyve got stacks and stacks of talent, and are recruting all the time!! [/b]

Guess who's just earned himself a weeks suspension.

Cheerio.

<div class='quotemain'> teh mite speaks ********!! jst ignore him

hes a racist vile little man!!

the ospreys will be the team to beat next year, theyve got stacks and stacks of talent, and are recruting all the time!! [/b]

Guess who's just earned himself a weeks suspension.

Cheerio. [/b][/quote]

meh

I don't see Vern Cotter sacrificing his team for the HCup. He even played the Challenge Cup fully while other french teams had a rest.

IMO Clermont will reach the finals.
[/b]

Well you know the ASM played with their top players in the Challege cup from the semi-final, before that it was more the usual bench players and some U-23 who played the ECC for the ASM.

I think Toulouse won't we an easy team to play. During the second part of the top 14 they were quite impressive. In fact a key point could be how they will deal with their players who will have participated to the world cup. With the world cup, the 6 nation tournament, the Hcup and the top 14, there will be quite a lot of matches next season and they will have quite a lot of players that will be part of al these competitions. [/b]

We'll see the Stade Toulousain is not the CSBJ but next season the Brennus will be their top priority and with a so packed season they may decide to lessen the injury risks with the HEC.

Well you know the ASM played with their top players in the Challege cup from the semi-final, before that it was more the usual bench players and some U-23 who played the ECC for the ASM.
[/b]

Yes but as the final phase was near the end of the Top14, Clermont could have benched his star players. He didn't and it was a risk.

i nearly cried when i saw the group.... :cryy:

munster get the short end of the stick once again!!! :ranting:

if they win the group they should be crowned their and then....!!

i nearly cried when i saw the group.... :cryy:

if they win the group they should be crowned their and then....!! [/b]

Is your last statement valid for the other teams of Munster Pool? We could actually ask the ERC to restrict the HEC competition next season to the games played in this pool and to crown the winner of this pool.

Group winners should be:

Dragons - should be too strong for Perpignan and London Irish.
[/b]
Perpignan are buildin' an impressive squad for next year, any other team in this pool will be destroyed

don't understimate too much Treviso too, they doubled their budget for next year and are getting a lot of good players

How does one even get to Viadana?! It is like in the middle of this bermuda triangle betwixt Parma, Reggio and Mantova! Each 22km away from the promised land of HEC rugby! Impossible! [/b]
base at Mantova, a really wonderful town, one of the most beautiful in northern Italy

<div class='quotemain'> i nearly cried when i saw the group.... :cryy:

if they win the group they should be crowned their and then....!! [/b]

Is your last statement valid for the other teams of Munster Pool? We could actually ask the ERC to restrict the HEC competition next season to the games played in this pool and to crown the winner of this pool.
[/b][/quote]

yeah of course!! what i should have said is that the winner of that pool should be crowned champions!!

yeah thats a good idea!!

lets start a TRF petition or something and persuade the ERC to cancel pools A,B and C and also the QF, SF and final and have the competition decided by pool D!!! VERY good idea, thanks! :cheers:

Actually, why don't we just not have any matches at all this HEC and just crown Munster the champions. That would be ever so much more "fair" for those with a victimisation-disorder.

Because, at the end of the day, that is the only reason why you're moaning about being drawn in such a group isn't it? Because you know, outside of Thurmond Park, you have just as much hope of progressing to the last stages as anyone else and that just won't do will it?

I would point out that you spelled Thomond wrong but it will be called something like Toyota Park in 2009 for f*** sake :wall:

That was deliberate sir, to test your reactions and to see if you were paying attention.

You have to be careful against Edinburgh because Patterson can be freakishly acurate at times and they will have Larkham too. I can't see Leinster losing to anybody apart from Tigers at home (Where is your HEC home ground next year?) and they should hopefully beat Edinburgh in both legs.
[/b]

I think we've done alright with getting Jennings and Cullen back from Leicester, their experience there should have improved them as players, not too sure on Ollie le Roux although I didn't think much of Will Green and he was certainly a success. Leinster will play at the RDS next season, think the capacity will be around 20000, we'll know what it looks like come the horse show in August.

I fancy Munster to win all their home games and beat Scarlets and Clermont away and take at least a losing bonus point from Wasps in London (Hopefully we should have more support than them there!).[/b]

I'd agree with that, although I seriously think that this pool will be between Munster and Clermont, have been very impressed with them this season in the Top 14, there will be hype over Llanelli although their form from this season is overrated imo. Toulouse and Ulster failed to live up to their hype, London Irish were never really up to much and Munster lost O'Connell and Foley, and the biggest problem with the Irish sides is strength in depth especially in comparison to the other countries.

I'll be very diasappointed if Ospreys dont make it through to the QF's.
They should win all at home, but Glawster were pretty immense last season.

My Predictions -

Group 1 - Perpignan

Group 2 - Ospreys

Group 3 - Stade

Group 4 - Saracens

Group 5 - Wasps

Group 6 - Leinster

best losers - Scarlets - they got bonus points for 4 tries at Toulouse, Ulster and London Irish

Leicster - too good not to qualify for the quarters

Latest posts