• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The 'Ed Fairhurst' Thread

You might ... I certainly won't.

I'm gutted guys...doubly so with Ander Monro retiring in the same article, it's like I've been shot and than stabbed while I was down.....If Jebb and WP hadn't won the Currie Cup today this would have been my worst rugby day EVER...Say it ain't so Ed.

Oh bog off LG...
Keep that to the CC thread.

I need cheering up...

1201703728556_andrealocicero.jpg

Ed please give us a sign!!!! A message!!!! Your humble worshippers are in pain!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Crawling in my skin, these wounds I will not heal" If you want to sound like a whiny *****, Linkin Park is perfect. So do we need a new Idol now or something? I recommend Todd Clever
images

Too soon?

The problem with Todd Clever and Andrea Lo Cicero is that neither will be around for too long... I think Chauncey O'Toole would be a good choice.

I too agree that Captain America should be idolised.

But there is only one Ed Fairhurst.

Captain America is awesome, but as shown by Ed's try he just misses out on Ed's greatness you can see he deperately reaches out just to get a touch of Ed and falls just short...definately a signature member of the Fairhurst and Freinds XV though, along with Andrea.....

If Chauncey has played well in the Celtic League he could have been considered as a potential worship candidate but he's just too inconsistent.

I don't think we can find an allround man quite like Ed to be fair.

We picked him not just for his talent on the rugby field , but the brain behind it and the dashingly good looks.

He's a true mans man. And until we can find someone who lives up to all these three traits then I don't think anyone will be worthy of taking this throne..this seat of the gods

We can't be left wandering in the wilderness without guidance from a superior being. I must meditate on this
EDIT: I checked who Ed follow's on the Twitters, (treated as a list of candidates) and I think Kleeberger is our man

Last edited:
Fumiaki Tanaka is a good shout. Ed Fairhurst will always be remembered fondly - but Tanaka hunted and killed Godzilla with a bullit pass from his 5'5'', 75kg frame.

I'd suggest Andy Powell for the Ed XV 8.
He is an immensely entertaining individual.

Ed Fairhurst may be gone, but the impact he made will continue. Our memories of him will go on. And when the next World Cup comes around, and we take our seats and watch Canada come out of the tunnel, we know that Ed Fairhurst is somewhere doing the same. And it gives me comfort.

Latest posts