• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

THE FRENCH

J

jimmy44

No offence to all you French people - your food is excellent and I like garlick to.

But .......

the French rugby team in 2005 is like a headless chicken! The backs will runs the ball from any part of the pitch, no matter what the situation. They'll even run it from within their in goal area, usually resulting in a tackle, 5 metres scrum, try to me! SOOOOOO stupid!

Its a pity because the French backs are great in this game, they just NEVER kick.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the tactics of an AI team - I want France to kick for territory a bit more!

Cheers

i think its a good thing that they run everything. the bloody english just kick it oh and the irish!!

p.s u cant like garlic that much u cant spell it!!

France is one of my favorite teams to play with. I love their speed-oriented game, and that back three and loosies are to die for. I use their scrum-half to kick in order to gain territory.

Originally posted by Flamingo@Apr 22 2005, 08:16 AM
i think its a good thing that they run everything. the bloody english just kick it oh and the irish!!

p.s u cant like garlic that much u cant spell it!!
Fair enough - actually I hate Garlick I mean Garlic!

I just played the Irish in the ten nations - geez those buggers are hard to beat at Landsdowne road! I was 18 - 5 up at half time, but it was as if a completely different Irish team turned up in the second half. I couldn't score a point and they scored 22!!

I find the Irish mix it up well between kicking, forwards and backs play - in fact they are one of very few teams in 2005 who use their forwards. I love playing against them, alway have great matches.

trust me thats good thing.......shows balls
<

Originally posted by Black|Raven@Apr 22 2005, 09:02 PM
<
Yes but its also very easy to defend against - if the opposition run the ball from anywhere inside there 22, nine times out of ten they'll eventually make a mistake, and give away points. So many times I have beaten the French side because of this. If they mixed it up with some intelligent tactical kicking they would be very hard to beat.

Originally posted by jimmy44+Apr 23 2005, 12:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Apr 23 2005, 12:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Black|Raven
@Apr 22 2005, 09:02 PM
<
Yes but its also very easy to defend against - if the opposition run the ball from anywhere inside there 22, nine times out of ten they'll eventually make a mistake, and give away points. So many times I have beaten the French side because of this. If they mixed it up with some intelligent tactical kicking they would be very hard to beat. [/b]
The game needs to police the ability to use sjnrl defense...

<

somehow.......

Originally posted by jimmy44+Apr 22 2005, 11:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Apr 22 2005, 11:16 PM)</div>
<
Yes but its also very easy to defend against - if the opposition run the ball from anywhere inside there 22, nine times out of ten they'll eventually make a mistake, and give away points. So many times I have beaten the French side because of this. If they mixed it up with some intelligent tactical kicking they would be very hard to beat. [/b]
EA have programmed different teams to suit how they play in real life,

eg-france runs
-england kick
-australia kick

EA have taken the easy way out and have not analysed all teams gameplans but simply programmed them to stick to their kicking or running game where ever they are. i know france runs no matter what but they're prograamed to do that

dont blame france....BLAME EA!

Originally posted by Black|Raven+Apr 23 2005, 01:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black|Raven @ Apr 23 2005, 01:16 AM)</div>
Originally posted by jimmy44@Apr 22 2005, 11:16 PM
<

Yes but its also very easy to defend against - if the opposition run the ball from anywhere inside there 22, nine times out of ten they'll eventually make a mistake, and give away points. So many times I have beaten the French side because of this. If they mixed it up with some intelligent tactical kicking they would be very hard to beat.
EA have programmed different teams to suit how they play in real life,

eg-france runs
-england kick
-australia kick

EA have taken the easy way out and have not analysed all teams gameplans but simply programmed them to stick to their kicking or running game where ever they are. i know france runs no matter what but they're prograamed to do that

dont blame france....BLAME EA! [/b]
I know it stinks of bad programing - shame because when they get it right with teams like Ireland it makes for a good match!

Just played a match as France vs England. Had a great run, even though I was down by 2 tries, then all of a sudden, my entire backfield decides to start ballroom dancing and starts moving around. Sure enough, I try to pass the ball to SOMEONE standing still, and it goes the required 30m and messes up everything.

Oh, and England was knocking on my door, when one of them breaksthrough, while my fullback just sat there and watched.
<

And is it me, or when someone is running along the sideline against your guys, they can't tackle him to save their life, and he'll gain 40m????

*whew* but I digress . . .

Peace,

MCab

A good first attempt to incorporate varying strategies into the game. Should only improve in the next incantation of ea rugby.

Originally posted by abes58@Apr 27 2005, 12:30 PM
A good first attempt to incorporate varying strategies into the game. Should only improve in the next incantation of ea rugby.
I agree that it is a good idea to include different strategies for different teams, but I disagree that its a good attempt by EA to employ this idea into Rugby 2005.

Running the ball from every part of the pitch is not a strategy. Its madness!
<

Latest posts