• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Grand National

Good bumping! I've spent far too long pretending I know what I'm talking about reading opinion and even going as far as coming up with a spreadsheet of my key factors in order to do my usual - one shortish price horse £5 e/w, two other hopes and a long shot £2.50 e/w. I came up with:

Rocky Creek, £5 e/w, 9/1
Soll, £2.50 e/w, 20/1
Saint Are, £2.50 e/w, 25/1
Gas Lane Boy, £2.50 e/w, 80/1

As this left me with about £12 left in my Betfair account, the rest went on covering forecasts and tricasts of the above four, so if Gas Lane Boy wins from Saint Are from Soll, I'll be posting from a Caribbean island tomorrow evening!

portrait king and mon parrain 2 each way chances

I looked at Portrait King, but assumed that the going wouldn't be soft enough. As it is, might not be a bad shout. Can't say as I really looked at Mon Parrain, but having just had a chance, looks like it's carring too much weight at a distance a mile or so further than it has ever completed before.

Yeh never bet till the official going is announced esp in a race of the Nationals distance it is a key thing.

Def going with First Lieutenant though.

As said others I will decide after the morning line.

Yeh never bet till the official going is announced esp in a race of the Nationals distance it is a key thing.

Prices were shortening left right and centre (without many if any drifting), so I turned into a bit of a value (insert word for lady who does rude things for money) and put my bets down, which in hindsight is stupid in when betting on a book with such a silly over-round, particularly as I wasn't able to shop around for prices.

I haven't look at the weather forecast for Liverpool tomorrow though.

Read somewhere it's going to be positively tropical, not that that necessarily means firmer going - hotter weather = more hoses, so could have the opposite effect.

Yeh the money aintree have now the watering on the course shouldn't be a problem. Although the heat could play on the horses carrying heavier could struggle I always think it is a shame the race is handicapped IMO.

One thing I have to remember is to avoid social media tomorrow till the race is over and if there are no fatalities as i can't stand the green animal aid lot who have no idea on the industry.

One thing I have to remember is to avoid social media tomorrow till the race is over and if there are no fatalities as i can't stand the green animal aid lot who have no idea on the industry.

I have to figure out how to watch it yet! I'll be on the sidelines of my local side (Redruth RFC funnily enough) cheering them on against Chinnor. I'm hoping that I'll be able to stream it on my phone, retiring to the clubhouse seems a bit extreme and fruitless if met with a member of staff who doesn't know how to change the channel on the Sky box!

Went with

First Lieutenant @ 20 - 1 £10 E/W
Oscar Time @ 33-1 £2.50 E/W
Unioneste @ 33 - 1 £2.50 E/W
Chance du Roy 40 -1 £2.50 E/W
Ely Brown 100 - 1 £1.25 E/W

Might back Druids nephew @ 12 -1 and Mon Parrin later.

Druids Nephew
Balthazar King
Godsmejudge
Ballycasey simply as Ruby always has chance
And backed Shutthefrontdoor simply as AP is a legend and I'd love him to retire today

Had my flutter. Looks like the prices are changing rapidly based on what other's have got!

Balthazar King - 11/1 - It's about time, right?
Oscar Time - 25/1
Portrait King 80/1 - Good odds for an EW!

For a sport I dont like, that aint half an exciting watch. Or maybe the possible 55 quid made it so

Had an each way bet on both Monbeg Dude and Alvarado. Not a bad day for someone quickly rushing in at picking two random horses !!

Latest posts