• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

THE Guinness Pro14 Thread

Bah, Berry, Owens and Mitrea are all okay. I don't think there is a mythical place where everyone is happy with their refs.

If anyone is doing this, don't click back in your browser! You'll lose all your entries to that point!

Questions about less games and international players featuring in a higher proportion of them are promising.

I like seeing squad development.

I'm seeing quite a lot of it this year!

The array of questions about Guinness is slightly unusual.

Probably valuing whether their sponsorship is worthwhile.

Anyone else see the Pro14 are advertising their own merch with Macron? I can only imagine everyone's overweight dad will be wearing a Guinness polo from now.

I see that Rob Penney is favourite for the Scarlets job.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/new-scarlets-coach-close-being-15367741

He'd be a great appointment. I can't help but feel Munster would be in a far better place had he stayed as head coach rather than be replaced by Anthony Foley, whatever the reasons were.
He was the right coach at the wrong time for us. We had an aging pack at a time he needed a young pack to do his philosophies.

As was said after. He wanted to make grade A orange juice with grade a apples

He was the right coach at the wrong time for us. We had an aging pack at a time he needed a young pack to do his philosophies.

Nah, he was getting there - Munster were on the up when he was shown the door.

I thought it was a stupid mistake at the time, and the passage of time since has not change my opinion.

Nah, he was getting there - Munster were on the up when he was shown the door.

I thought it was a stupid mistake at the time, and the passage of time since has not change my opinion.
I don't know. Seeing them in training everyday I'd disagree. Yes we were improving but the squad was not up to the demands and he lost the lads a bit.
I can't say it was right or wrong but for the style you need very fit forwards. At the time we had John Hayes, Paulie, DOC and James Coughlan who were all vital but not fit enough for that style. The locks especially had to be super fit. And I say that knowing DOC especially was a warrior for fitness

John Hayes was retired by the time Rob Penney was shown the door... into Munster.... never mind the door out!

John Hayes was retired by the time Rob Penney was shown the door... into Munster.... never mind the door out!
Yes John retired the December before. I meant it more as naming lads who were not going to adapt that much at that stage. BJ Botha was from the same school as John. As I said he was probably the right man at the wrong time. Again it was similar with regards Simon Mannix who was a big part too of the departure.

Is it just me or are the decision makers in Wales a bit thick?

On top of dragging their internationals away between HEC weekends for a glorified send off for Gatland... you get the likes of this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50608122

Ospreys chairman Rob Davies believes a British and Irish league will be launched in 2022-23 after investments from private equity company CVC.

Davies also predicted a more stable financial future for Ospreys and their Welsh rivals after a turbulent period.

Even if the former were to happen (which I am dead set against as it would ruin Europe & the Italians) - why the f**k would CVC involve the likes of the Ospreys who have all of 8 people turning up to watch and couldn't beat eggs?

They're very thick. Gatland has been doing a great job of masking the basket case that is Welsh rugby for the last decade. Barring one decent Scarlets team a few years ago the regions have done less than nothing for years.

Latest posts