• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Inquisition gets "Jer1cho"

Spanish Inquisition

Nobody Expects Us!
Country Flag
Spain
Club or Nation
Spain
This was imported from the old blog. Please enjoy it and leave your feedback/comments as replies

Ah ... we have travelled to the shores of Africa, in search of the one they call Jer1cho. One can only imagine that a number in the name can only spell trouble for all.

Mr Jer1cho, good day even if its not been a good one. I have some questions for you and you cannot go until I have the answers to them!

So the first question in this quest of information is ... what is the meaning of Jer1cho and why have you adopted it?
A lot of guys think it has to do with the wrestler 'Chris Jericho', but I actually chose it because I was watching the television series at the time, and had to think of a nick-name for our gaming clan. That's also why I replaced the 'i' with the number 1. I have just kept it ever since. Although the wrestling thing never gets dropped, and when my mates talk about the house I stay in, they tell everybody I reside in 'The Walls of Jericho'…

Ah the tv series you say ... ah... we have never heard of it! What is your rugby background?
I brought home a letter one day to my mom, and said it's bad news. The letter had been a recommendation for me to start playing rugby, as I excelled on the athletics field. She said I should just give it a go, and I never looked back. I played religiously at school, and was fortunate enough to play against many of today's Springbok stars. I never carried on with rugby after school though, but I try to play for fun whenever I can. The 1995 Rugby World Cup was also a great time for me, as it was when I really started to understand the sport, and what it meant to this country.

Conscripted into rugby thats sounds pretty wonderful for the die hard rugby fans. So as you were growing up who was your idol?
My rugby idol is definitely Zinzan Brooke of New Zealand. Everything I did as a kid on the field was in an effort to play just like him. He revolutionized the number 8 position, and to this day I don't rate any number 8 as good as he was. I sent him a letter in the post all the way to New Zealand asking him about various things regarding New Zealand rugby, and he actually replied!

Zinzan was the man and the Inquisition agree that he was a tremendous player. So we see that you live in Johannesburg, what is it like to live there and do you recommend places to go and see?
Jozi is an incredible place. It's got one hell of a history, and there are many things I love about it. It's a massive city, and there are some great places, but in the same breath, some absolutely horrible places as well. It's like Megan Fox, but full of pimples. Still feels great when you are in it, but sometimes it's a bumpy thrust, err, ride… There are thousands of great restaurants, malls, and activity hubs, and it's good to see Joburg is starting to get back the night life it was once famous for. Crime is obviously a bitter tale, and there are several no-go zones. Hopefully it will get better over time.

Ahhh Megan Fox, pure beauty. The next question we ask is who is your favourite team and why?
When it comes to the Super 14, I support all of the South African franchises. I like the Bulls and the Lions a little bit more than the others. Probably because i reside in the province they are from. On the whole, I'm a Springbok. International rugby is by far my greatest love, and I almost always shed a tear during our national anthem. With all of it's blemishes and marks, this country has come a long way on the rugby field!

Apart from Rugby do you follow or play any other sport Jer1cho?
I played everything at school. Tennis, golf, cricket… But not so much anymore. I follow the football World Cups, but don't really have an interest in things like the Premiere League or the Uefa championship. I do watch cricket though, but not so much lately due to Greame Smith's face ******* me off beyond comprehension.

So rugby is your main passion which is good to see, and we of the Spanish Inquisition are curious to know why do you keep coming back to this horrendous place that is TRF?
Strangely enough, about 90% of the people that I know in Johannesburg hate rugby. I was literally dying to just talk to somebody about it on a daily basis. I then searched for a rugby forum, and found this one. I loved it from day one, as everybody here is really passionate about the sport, and so many guys are very intelligent in their debates and discussions. It's really a great board to hang out on. I even met fellow member Steve-O through the forum, and had a buddy to watch games with at the stadiums! Not many International boards have that kind of membership base. Another aspect is the what I have learned regarding the NH game, and leagues played there. I am now, thanks to TRF, an avid supporter of the Heineken Cup, and have really started to take a liking towards the Northampton Saints. It's brilliant that a forum can teach people to broaden their rugby interests.

The members are a rowdy bunch, we still have a lasting impression of that boy cyRil, so what do you make of the community?
So many! Special mentions will go to Teh-Mite(Bullit), Prestwick, Cyril, Steve-O, Nickdnz and O'Rothlain. They are very intelligent people, who know so much about the game, and are generally just good guys that will always try to make everything fun, but keep it serious at the same time. All of the moderators deserve mention as well in the way the handle us bunch of misfits and fanboys without rolling too many heads. Another mention goes to Sir Speedy. Him and Cyril made every thread gay, and funny.

Now to one of the most important questions that we the Spanish Inquisition ask ... Who is your favourite Muppet?
Peter de Villiers. He was an interesting addition to the muppets, as he was already on Treasure Island when they all got there. I think that his lip-sync is amazing though, and whoever comes up with his lines needs to distribute whatever he is on. NOW.

A the PdV muppet, classy, so do you want Jake White to return and retake the post he once laid claim to and take South Africa to World Cup greatness?
Whew, this is a tough one. Regardless of what anybody says, I firmly believe that the coach is the real problem. He is obviously not the sole problem, but he is the main one. If I had to choose a replacement, it would be either Heyneke Meyer or Alistair Coetzee of the Stormers. Would I rather have Jake White do an ambulance job before the World Cup than have de Villiers carry on? YES. Would I pick Jake White as my first choice replacement? NO.

Interesting, no question is ever easy with the Spanish Inquisition. So we see your occupation is a sound engineer, whats that all about?
I'm the guy that makes you believe that what you are hearing on TV or film is actually the way it really sounds. Basically, I recreate entire soundtracks on TV productions to add realism, or awesomeness. Birds, cars, fights, guns, war, everything is artificial in film. It's an awesome job, and requires a lot of creativity.

Ahh... so on the point of film, what is your favourite film?
Watchmen. Purely because of the way the graphic novel was written. It has one of the best scripts I have ever heard on film, and the acting was sublime. The Final Audio Mix was also very very good, and the intro sequence had incredible cinematography, as well as Bob Dylan. It's definitely my favorite film.

The watchmen hey, some call the Spanish Inquisition that! So what about your favourite actor Jer1cho?
Sharlto Copley of District 9 and The A-Team. He is funny as hell, and he is born and bread a South African through and through.

Copley is a tremendous actor. We also know you are a little computer games geek. What is your favourite game?
This is a tricky one. I play games more for story content than actual gameplay mechanics, which is why I am such a fan of the Final Fantasy and Persona series. The best game overall though, has to be Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. After the first in the series back when I was a kid, to the end of this one, never before have I ever felt as connected to a game, or game character as I have to Snake and Metal Gear. I had tears in my eyes at the end of the game, and stood up from my chair and saluted the TV. That, is a winner in my book.

Final question, before you leave what is your message to the millions and millions of fans of TRF?
The main thing I want members on here to try their utmost best to do, is to start thinking with their heads as opposed to their hearts. I know things are frustrating, and debates have been heating up very quickly lately, especially regarding the Springbok saga. Sometimes though, you need to look at the situation from other angles, and not just your own. Rugby is the most beautiful sport in the world, and no game produces the kind of determination there is out of players like rugby does. Lets never stop supporting our teams, and perhaps even start supporting others!

Thank you kind sir, this has proved most interesting, hopefully we shall see more of yourself around these parts. Now off to the tavern we gooooooooooo.

Latest posts