• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Jamie Lyon Thread

sorry mate... Freddy>Loz.
sure Loz was a legend back in the day but Freddy was up there with Joey.

the fact that Dailey had to be moved to the centres so freddy could play at 5/8 in AUS and NSW showed how high the rep selectors held him.

Captain of Club, State & Country... even with both Joey and Loz playing at the time.
[/b]

your wrong mate

Freddy got the captaincy due to Daleys affiliation with rebel group super league which the ARL hated...fittler did not captain australia on the merit of form - but on politics.

we all have opinions but the stats say

The most winningest NSW captain is Laurie Daley

NSW won the most series under Captain Daley

NSW longest winning series streak - under Daley

Laurie Daley has more premierships - none as captain - because of Big Malcolm Norman Meninga

Daley retired from rep in 1999 dont forget - he retired from the game in 2002.

Stood down from representative duty in 1995 by the ARL, Daley was nevertheless named ‘Dally M’ Player of the Year and was regularly used as a ‘rebel’ figurehead during the ensuing years.
In 1996 Daley was overlooked for the NSW captaincy and declined an Australian Test jersey along with a swag of Super League-signed players when an increasingly isolated ARL tried to sanction a match against a ‘NZ’ side chosen from domestic club players.
In the divided 1997 season, he valiantly led Super League’s NSW team to Tri-Series victory and Australia to series wins over NZ and Great Britain
Daley never gave anything short of his best and in the reunited 1998 season, retained the Australian captaincy for the Anzac Test.
Australia
lost the Test, 22-16, and injury saw him miss the two post-season Tests against NZ.
Daley returned to the Australian Test team in the Anzac Day Test in the early part of 1999 (minus the captaincy in what was to be his final match for

<_< </SPAN>

Lyon isn't necessarily overrated, but as an Eels supporter since I was 3, I am glad to jump on the bandwagon and throw stuff at him.

Not only did he betray the Eels by not completing his contract, he ended up going to Manly. Manly!!! Of all places!

Just sounds like a bunch of ozzies taking any chance to mouth off once again, if you ask me.

Of course it is. He went to play in England and therefore he isn't any good.

Bullshit.

Of course it is. He went to play in England and therefore he isn't any good.
[/b]
No no no. Just because he went to play England doesn't mean he was ****. He was good when he when he went to play in England. It was when he actually served his time and came back that he turned ****. However he played well last weekend. Good on him.

I note, by the way, that he was played at centre. Not stand off, or 5/8 if you must.

Well THERE'S a surprise! He plays well when he's played in position!

He is still a pr*ck for going bush on the eels. and even worse for only playing well against the eels. I need me a jamie lyon voodoo doll.

I think you'll find he was causing the Broncos a headache all day long in their pasting by the Eagles today, by the way.

I do believe that Jamie Lyon is an overrated player, but not on attack.

I was incredibly surprised when he was called into the Australian team, I started focusing on him to see if he was the real deal. Sadly he wasn't, he may not be to bad on attack (certainly not the best) but I have to say his defense is terrible.

He misses way to many tackles and positions himself in a way that opens up huge gaps in the defensive line.

Anyway just my two cents, he's good enough to play in first grade but he certainly isn't the golden boy everyone made him out to be.

Latest posts