• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movies

W

woosaah

My flatmate just got this (on pc) and i have been playing it pretty much all weekend. its kind of fun, building up your own movie studio and making movies. its a bit of a novelty though, any of you guys seen it?

i think its just come out but i am not sure.

i am still waiting for leage
<

Yeah it just came out recently in the last few weeks. it looks interesting and seems to be a bit of a laugh but not sure on the lasting value after the novelty of making a movie wears off. defintely waiting for league to come out.

It's not bad actually, very interesting concept. The actual studio management part of the game is sound if nothing new, but the advanced movie maker part is amazing. You can literally make a whole film scene by scene if you want to (wait for them to start appearing on the net), choosing actor/actresses (who you can give liposuction or boob jobs too if you want to make certain types of films...).

Not sure how long the novelty of it will last, but if you've ever wanted to make your own films, including lighting, camera angles, levels of anger etc in the acting, then this will last you a very long time. From what I can see it's very customizeable and think the modding community will go wild for it (expect nude patches and sex scenes for your films very soon... well look what happened to 'the Sims'). The options for scenes are already staggering and this will increase with patches etc I'm sure! Any questions just ask, but I'm pretty impressed with it!

yeah i havn't really played it that much, but i enjoyed what i did, still not to far into the game myself. the movie side of things is a little bit advanced for me, i just wanna play the game
<

can you make a sports film like maybe soccer or cricket I doubt you could make a rugby one yet. because that would be cool if you could and I would have to consider getting this game then as over chrismas will be going away for a few weeks and proabbly won't have much net access if any

nice question, i havn't seen any sports in it though. i have only played it the once, but that was for a few hours

There is a football/Soccer/Poofball movie out called "Goal" I think.

Looks crap to be honest, sorry just that might be relevant in some way....obviousley not...
<

Originally posted by esoj@Nov 22 2005, 11:59 PM
can you make a sports film like maybe soccer or cricket I doubt you could make a rugby one yet. because that would be cool if you could and I would have to consider getting this game then as over chrismas will be going away for a few weeks and proabbly won't have much net access if any
Nope, no sports games I'm afraid. There's pretty much set genres - romance, action, horror, sci fi etc... but I reckon this game will get modded pretty quickly, so you never know, you may get lucky with some sport scenes...

oh true I think it would be pretty cool if you could do sports movies. could do something based on a real sports event or have some humour in it from commentators and from the players. sci fi could be good as well as with space and the abnormal so many things are possible

I haven't tried it, but apparently you can record audio and then the characters will automatically lip-synch to it... pretty cool and would be good for the commentary idea

Ive seen it, looks a lot like the sims, in the cartoony caracters kind of way. Im just wondering when you make the movies is it all in weird sims kind of language or do they actualy speak or is it all just non speaking movies?

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Nov 23 2005, 10:11 AM
Ive seen it, looks a lot like the sims, in the cartoony caracters kind of way. Im just wondering when you make the movies is it all in weird sims kind of language or do they actualy speak or is it all just non speaking movies?
Wierd sims language by default, although as above - you can record your own if you get really into it!

yeah at the start it is all silent movies, (really crap REALLY CRAP) and they make no sense. i havn't tried the audio either, i am not a big fan of hearing my own voice.

ill try my best to do something at some stage havn't done my own movies yet

isnt there a sandbox mode to make your own like rollercoaster tycoon so without restrictions?

Haha yeah im not into my own voice eather

yeah there is a sandbox option where you dont even wait for them to make the movies they are made automatically (i think thats an option for it)

i havn't playd that version yet

Originally posted by toup@Nov 23 2005, 11:09 AM
I haven't tried it, but apparently you can record audio and then the characters will automatically lip-synch to it... pretty cool and would be good for the commentary idea
defintely sounds good as commetary would be awesome. maybe have to adapt it until you can do proper sports and use sc-fi stuff. maybe have comentary for a laser tag match or something like that. this game does sound interesting might have to get this for christmas or something

Had it for a couple of weeks. Just got into it about three days ago. Very good game. Unfortunately, I kind of f***ed up. You see, I jumped into Sandbox mode and started the game 20 years on from where I was in career and ended up in 1950. I gave myself a healthy budget and played through from there. I am now in 1975. If you have played the game you will see my problem. Because I have played through the Sandbox, not the main game, I can not start a new Sandbox game in the 80's until I play through the game until 1960....

Right, that made little sense so I'm off to bed....soon.

I haven't played for a while now as have become completely obsessed by Pro Evo 5 Master league, but this game is well worth playing through to the later stages when you can even give your stars various types of cosmetic surgery (and really see the effects
<
). It also becomes a lot more interesting with the advanced script writing so you really direct the films yourself and add special effects afterwards etc. If you can't be bothered to unlock it all there is a change you can make to a file somewhere to unlock everything in sandbox mode... can't remember it exactly but it's easy to fin on the net...

Latest posts