• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The NEED FOR SPEED in the All Blacks!

P

punkbrain

The All Blacks have always had so many speedy outside backs over the years:

2002-J.Lomu,D.Howlett,C.Ralph,C.Cullen,L.Macdonald,B.Blair

2003-C.Ralph,J.Rokocoko,D.Howlett,M.Muliaina,L.Macdonald,B.Blair

2004-J.Rokocoko,D.Howlett,R.Gear,M.Muliaina,N.Evans

2005-J.Rokocoko,D.Howlett,R.Gear,S.Sivivatu,S.Anesi,M.Muliaina,L.Macdonald,I.Toeava

2006-D.Howlett,R.Gear,J.Rokocoko,S.Sivivatu,S.Hamilton,M.Muliaina,L.Macdonald, I.Toeava

2007-D.Howlett,R.Gear,J.Rokocoko,S.Sivivatu,I.Toeava,M.Muliaina,L.Macdonald

So far in 2008-S.Sivivatu,R.Wulf,A.Tuitavake,L.Macdonald,M.Muliaina,I.Toeava,(Makeshift wing=R.Kahui)

I'd say the slowest group of players is this years lot!!........I mean A.Tuitavake's not really a winger and R.Wulf is not as fast
as R.Gear or J.Rokocoko.

But...by picking H.Gear,J.Rokocoko and C.Jane for the tour......all that can change for sure!!

What do you think???

Tuitavake use to play winger for the Otago Highlanders but he's mostly played 2nd 5 for the Blues and North Harbour. Rudi Wulf has got some pace because he smoked up when he played 7's but yeah I agree both Roks and Rico would probably carve him up.

Who's the fastest out of Hosea and Rico? Hosea is bigger and would have longer strides but Rico was pretty damn quick when he was playing wing for the Crusaders and All Blacks. Lelia Masaga is pretty quick he smoked Habana a few seasons back too bad he's not really All Blacks material just yet but Roks and Corey Jane will bring some pace into the team. Especially having Corey Jane at the back because he is originally a winger but he has now been moulded into a very good fullback.

Hosea and Rico did an interview a few years back, and i think, if memory serves me correctlly, Rico admitted that Hosea was indeed faster than him but Rico is a tad more skilful.

But looking at the list, i wouldn't consider Macdonald to be classified as a speedster though. Likewise to Scott Hamilton, Blair and Ralph.

I don't think Gear's that fast (Hosea), just pretty powerful.

Also, you forgot Randle, he was quick.

Yeah...R.Randle was like the fastest player in NZ from 1996-2005......he was so bloody fast!!
Its a pity he never really played a test but only 2 games for the All Blacks.....hey but he was an All Black....he was the top try-scorer in the 2002 super12 with 13 tries but still wasn't rewarded with an All Blacks call-up (doesn't that tell you a lot about how promising players like L.Masaga and D.Smith could end up!!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Oct 23 2008, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hosea and Rico did an interview a few years back, and i think, if memory serves me correctlly, Rico admitted that Hosea was indeed faster than him but Rico is a tad more skilful.

But looking at the list, i wouldn't consider Macdonald to be classified as a speedster though. Likewise to Scott Hamilton, Blair and Ralph.[/b]

And the list i made is not full of Speedsters......just outside backs who are quick and a few speedsters!!

Gees yeah Roger Randle was extremely quick but I think it tarnished his record a bit when he got had up for rape over in South Africa which ended up being a bull$#@!. It ****** me off too because he was playing for Wellington Hurricanes at the time and he would of made a good duo along side Brad Fleming who also had some good pace.

Another that was fast as was Marika Vunibaka he was a beast with crazy speed I can't get over how quick he was and I always watch this video but can never get over how fast he was check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_oKklh3nMs

Yeah Randle was extremely fast, stuffed up his archilles i think? Felt bad for him because he played during a time when we had the mantis amount of great wingers so couldn't crack the all blacks too often.

Reihana was pretty quick too but like Randle played when there was too many great wingers. Got gased by Howlett in the 02 NPC final i think it was

That vid of Vuuunnibakaaa is pretty sick! Tipoki isn't slow and he mowed him down like a mother f***er! theres another vid that shows him smoking Tipoki to the line and another one that shows him catching up to Breyton Paulse.

Yep that's the one Vunibaka had the speed to catch Lomu twice in the same play just unfortunate for him he got fended off by Lomu but back than no one could stop Jonah he was a monster. Another player that had size and pace was Joeli Vidiri if only he didn't get the same thing as Lomu he could of went further in his career.

Latest posts