• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The New Or Edited Kit Thread

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 1 2006, 11:42 PM
legal and copyright have nothing to with swordfish being able to use the same players they do in the other comps into the career mode. this does not appear to have happened at all and there are just random player throughout the career mode. and even the licensed players you can't get ie jason robinson

edit: well seems like the nh teams have real players but you defintely cannot buy any which is still crap/lazy on swordfish's part.

That's harsh considering you have no knowledge or understanding of the terms attached to the license agreements negotiated with the various RFU's and leagues.

Including the real players in the career mode would have been a trivial task but we were not able to. They can only play for their licensed teams.

If you do not like our game then I guess that's okay - we certainly did not expect everyone to, although as far as I can tell you have not actually played it yet - but I know my development team read this board and they are certainly not lazy! I cannot leave that accusation undefended.

Did I wrong you in a previous life, because you seem to have taken great exception to the fact that we made this game?!

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Feb 3 2006, 06:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Feb 3 2006, 06:32 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 1 2006, 11:42 PM

legal and copyright have nothing to with swordfish being able to use the same players they do in the other comps into the career mode. this does not appear to have happened at all and there are just random player throughout the career mode. and even the licensed players you can't get ie jason robinson

edit: well seems like the nh teams have real players but you defintely cannot buy any which is still crap/lazy on swordfish's part.

That's harsh considering you have no knowledge or understanding of the terms attached to the license agreements negotiated with the various RFU's and leagues.

Including the real players in the career mode would have been a trivial task but we were not able to. They can only play for their licensed teams.

If you do not like our game then I guess that's okay - we certainly did not expect everyone to, although as far as I can tell you have not actually played it yet - but I know my development team read this board and they are certainly not lazy! I cannot leave that accusation undefended.

Did I wrong you in a previous life, because you seem to have taken great exception to the fact that we made this game?! [/b]
ok fair enough. no I did not know how the licesening was done. and that if though you had the licenses for some players that they could only play for that team . and no I have not played the game I unfortunately did not get a free game or have the funds to buy 2 $100 rugby games releasing within 3 weeks of each other. I have though been making comments based from people that have played the game. I have nothing against swordfish at all i have been loving playing blic. I was partly resposible for getting codemasters to look at this site and get a competition running for blic. I also defended blic from many people that hated it and I have given lots of praise to swordfish for that game. so I don't think I hate swordfish for making this game.

oh lazy chestnut what have you been able to do so far?

I think the biggest things are being able to edit player names in career mode, kits and maybe stata. other people have mentioned if it will be possible to change height weight of a player and have that reflected accurately ingame

I have found some ace stuff in the player database.

Each player, apart from having a body shape, has a number defnining how the player model is stretched in the x, y and z dimensions. I think.

Players have their year of birth stored as well, so they might age in the career mode.

Someone could do me a HUGE favour by finding me two players who have the same head in the game.

"Someone could do me a HUGE favour by finding me two players who have the same head in the game."

...Gregan and Stringer probably!

Hey Trev - dragging this topic back on course - what are the chances you could let us know how to open the .bag file that the kits are in? Not a request for templates, I can do them myself.

I was wrong. There are height and weight. The values I was on about were for something else.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Feb 3 2006, 09:01 AM
I have found some ace stuff in the player database.

Each player, apart from having a body shape, has a number defnining how the player model is stretched in the x, y and z dimensions. I think.

Players have their year of birth stored as well, so they might age in the career mode.

Someone could do me a HUGE favour by finding me two players who have the same head in the game.
Theres a few players with the same heads

I've seen Sailor and Flatley (Jeff Dickerson) heads a couple of times, forgot who tho

It'd be good if you could find out who. I have a cunning plan, which involves using some of the heads from Brian Lara Cricket but it may not work.

Probably not thinking about it, actually.

Worth a go I suppose.

My Player Editor is getting going. I managed to make a 3.5m tall G. Rowntree, and could make him ludicrously fast as well.

lol class, i look forward to this editor if eb ring me
<

Man his ears were bigger than most people's hands.

I had a f***ing class screenshot of him at the front of the lineout.

alright

i'll look now to see if i can find heads the same

Edit:

found one already, Jeff Dickerson (ELton Flatley) from QLD Reds, Corey Bartholomeusz (his in the subs) from Typhoons and Richard Fourie from Foxes have the same heads

Originally posted by esoj+Feb 3 2006, 08:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Feb 3 2006, 08:24 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Feb 3 2006, 06:32 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 1 2006, 11:42 PM

Did I wrong you in a previous life, because you seem to have taken great exception to the fact that we made this game?!
ok fair enough. no I did not know how the licesening was done. and that if though you had the licenses for some players that they could only play for that team . and no I have not played the game I unfortunately did not get a free game or have the funds to buy 2 $100 rugby games releasing within 3 weeks of each other. I have though been making comments based from people that have played the game. I have nothing against swordfish at all i have been loving playing blic. I was partly resposible for getting codemasters to look at this site and get a competition running for blic. I also defended blic from many people that hated it and I have given lots of praise to swordfish for that game. so I don't think I hate swordfish for making this game.

oh lazy chestnut what have you been able to do so far?

I think the biggest things are being able to edit player names in career mode, kits and maybe stata. other people have mentioned if it will be possible to change height weight of a player and have that reflected accurately ingame [/b]
How on earth can you complain about a game that you havent played ? How can you back up what others have said without first hand experience ?

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

I also take note that you only seem to be agreeing ( mainly ) with the people who have said negative things about the game. I kind of get the feeling you had it planned all along not to like this game ?

I dislike RL2 but for my own reasons and not because of what anyone else has said. In fact probably the majority of people disagree with my thoughts on RL2, but I stick by them 100%.

why are you stalking my every post.

um when someone says there are no real players to buy/transfer in career mode and has been backed up I really don't need to play the game to find that inof out. and things like the sprint bat which are backed up by almost anyone who has played the game I don't need to play it to find that info out.

of course my intention was never to buy this game or find out as much information as possible. I actually think a lot of people agree with your comments about rl 2. I am the one in the minority there.

I also take note that you are stalking my every post and have come up with this insane conspiracy theory that I hated the game from the get go.

you have read the threads right.

and to the rest of you sorry for this off topic post but knowsley is stalking him and seems to be physic as well.

keep up the good work lazy and others.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Feb 3 2006, 12:21 AM
My Player Editor is getting going.  I managed to make a 3.5m tall G. Rowntree, and could make him ludicrously fast as well.
I love you!
<
thanks for your efforts
<
I remember in Rugby 2001 laughing my arse off as I made Kyran Bracken 50cm tall. Those were the days...

midgetman.jpg

guys, I'm interested in taking a look at this editing malarkey (kits and what not, players too etc) to get the game as up to date with the latest stuff

However, I have it on PS2, so does this curtail my efforts straight away? (I know there is plenty of editing for PES for the console versions, so I was presuming - with some effort - that the same could be done for RC2006)

Are the files on the PC version compressed into a .DAT file at all, I've pulled the files off the PS2 CD and the main files are:

BIGBAG.DAT
PADDING1.DAT
and some .IRX files

Are these similar to the PC versions?

not the answer I was hoping for lazy!

are the PC files seperated out upon install? or do they come compressed in another format?

everything comes under a WCR2 folder, with further folders for "Comments, Movies, Music"

the two .DAT files are both 800,000kb plus in size - anybody any ideas?

Latest posts