• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the passing system-please read

Originally posted by excitation+Feb 28 2005, 06:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (excitation @ Feb 28 2005, 06:54 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Feb 27 2005, 09:40 PM
Wait. More SH related tournaments?
Lets see.
Super 12
Tri nations

well.
Six nations
European shithouse.
And of course the 10 nations and world league and world cup are all and all.
And are you sure that he Lions are 2001? If so then I don't think it's a case of being biased, but moreso a case of being lazy incompetent Canadian developers being paid on commision and not commitment.

THE END.
Shut up you ninny. It's more sad that countries that are big on Rugby can't develope their own technology to produce it... know that is lazy and incompetent wouldn't you say?! [/b]
Well WCR was made in England and SJRL was made in NZ, and both were better than Rgby 2004 so I don't know what your talking about?
And as Kafka said above neither of them had backing from EA, the microsoft of the gaming world...

well why can't I buy it and play it here in N. America... haven't seen it in any game stores over here. If you know it's not going to be a good game (ea2005), then why the big build-up and interest? I just wouldn't start throwing around insults, it's a learning process, as you well know rugby ranks below horse jumping here in Canada, and even worse in the US.

Originally posted by excitation@Feb 28 2005, 11:35 AM
well why can't I buy it and play it here in N. America... haven't seen it in any game stores over here. If you know it's not going to be a good game (ea2005), then why the big build-up and interest? I just wouldn't start throwing around insults, it's a learning process, as you well know rugby ranks below horse jumping here in Canada, and even worse in the US.
Buy what in N America? Which ***le are you talking about?
Apart from that though I am personally looking forward to Rugby 2005 and have not been critical in the slightest... All I was saying is that after Rugby 2004, which was clearly released before completion, people have a right to be sceptical!
Yes and we do know that Rugby is about as popular in Canada and the US as NFL is everywhere else in the world, but they aren't making the Rugby games for Canada or the US, they're making it for Europe and the SH... If north America was all they cared about Rugby wouldn't have even got a look in... which is why it was so irritating to see them produce such a slack effort! We know EA is capable of organising great games, but they didn't show rugby much respect with Rugby 2004 and people got ******!

Sorry! But what the hell is wrong with you guys?

Look at the ***le of the thread!!

I've come in with a comment revolving the possible existence of a pop ball in footage. A few posts back.

You all f%$#ing ignored it and argued about something totally irrelevant.

WTF!

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 28 2005, 05:03 PM
waaaaaaaaaaatchyou.........gowwwwnnnnnnnahhh.......do?!?!?!?!
Yeah good one buddy.

Anyone sane wanna discuss whether it was a pop ball. The ol' invisible tough guy routine hdiing behind his screen stuff is getting a bit old.

Pop ball fellaz?

I think there is a good chance that offloading in the tackle will be possible somehow, to me it seems that there are always a few tricks you can learn after reading the instruction book, and Locksley doesn't have one for his copy, (if I remember rightly).
I think you learn a little from the instructions even if you've played the game for a month or two without them. He might find that he can do something by hold two buttons, or tapping fast on one that he has only pressed and held. Things like that. Lets hope so anyway.
I'm still optimistic that there may be a few small secrets left that may make some percieved flaws a lot better.

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Feb 28 2005, 05:14 PM
fill us in on the pop ball thing
I will come back - sorry got to do something - and I will watch the vid and suss out exactly when i think it occurs.

It's in the second half and Giteau hits the line and throws a ball either right at the point of being tackled or subsequent to impact - the ball goes on to Mortlock and it got me a bit excited!
<

I think the issue might just be doing it in certain tackles that don't begin to animate too early - there are quite a few different types of tackle obviously - or just really good timing.

If it exists only very rarely it would be unfortunate, but imagine the satisfaction of pulling it off at crucial situations....would be a great feeling.

I just wanted to know what other people thought. I will return in a few hours after I've had another look etc...I was a bit tipsy when watching, but I did watch it, like four times, and couldn't really decide whether it was a legitimate pop ball or not.

It's a funny and informative vid (Oz v Uru)...

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 28 2005, 05:21 PM
I think there is a good chance that offloading in the tackle will be possible somehow, to me it seems that there are always a few tricks you can learn after reading the instruction book, and Locksley doesn't have one for his copy, (if I remember rightly).
I think you learn a little from the instructions even if you've played the game for a month or two without them. He might find that he can do something by hold two buttons, or tapping fast on one that he has only pressed and held. Things like that. Lets hope so anyway.
I'm still optimistic that there may be a few small secrets left that may make some percieved flaws a lot better.
Yay!!

Hear! hear! and all that...

warms the cockels of my heart it does.
<

Latest posts