• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rationale Behind 'Support'

... Hmmmn ... I don't know ... what's your position on if "The Saints Go Marching" ... will you still support them if they shift to (Milton Keys?)

If they perminantly became "MK Saints", they could **** off so far as I'm concerned. I'd cheer my old club Northampton Casuals (or at a push BBOB ) instead.

im not sure what i'd do. i really dont want to think about it if im honest :(

btw on a seperate issue below are the benefits of the season ticket:

- Entry into 11 Aviva Premiership Rugby, 3 European and 2 Anglo-Welsh Cup matches
- Priority booking for knock-out fixtures
- Free admission to pre-season and Wanderers fixtures
- Substantially discounted tickets for Churchill Cup and JP Morgan Asset Management Premiership Rugby Sevens Series
- Access to enter the members' only ballot for England international tickets at Twickenham
- Members' only year pin
- Automatic entry into the Saints Loyalty Points scheme
- Membership of Saints Savers Club giving great discounts at many local shops and restaurants

3 quick q's.... 1. my ST covers the home pre season friendlies, right? 2. whats this loyalty points system and 3. do i get priority on away tickets (i presume that has something to do with the loyalty points)

cheers folks

1. Yes

2. That points system is all to do with limited ticket allocations (Playoffs, cup finals etc.). Something to do with the more games you attend (home and away) and if you buy the replica shirts, the more points you earn and the higher up the priority list you get when there's limited availability.

3. Only if you turn up early to buy them.

A while ago I started a thread about who supports/follows which teams in sports other that rugby, and rugby teams other than ones in their own domestic competitions.

I'll elaborate on my list, and why where I can

Support:

Super 15 - Crusaders. They are our franchise team, and also, I lived in Canterbury for 15 years

ITM Cup - Tasman - I grew up in Nelson. They are my local team

Plunkett Shield etc - Central Districts - I grew up in Nelson. They are my local team

State of O - Queensland - two words - Graham Lowe, the first and only Kiwi to ever coach a State of O team. The legacy lives on and a continue to barrack for them to this day.

Follow:

Aviva Premiership - Harlequins - Have been since I was taken to a Courage League match back in 1987 between Quins and Mosely (??). If I recall, I liked Quins multicolored jersey.

Magners League - Scarlets - because any team that played on a ground where they had a saucepan on top of one goalpost needed to be supported. Actually, they earned my respect when they beat the All Blacks in 1972

Top 14 - Biarritz - because I stayed there many years ago, and loved the place.

Premier League
- Spurs - my Dad was a Spurs supporter, born not far from White Hart Lane. I was born in Enfield, a short distance north of Tottenham.

Serie A - La Rossoneri (AC Milan) - They play in Red & Black. Also I own a signed Paulo Maldini #3 shirt.

NRL - Wests/Tigers - was a Balmain Tigers supporter as a kid

UK Superleague - Wigan - the Graeme Lowe connection again.

AFL - Essendon Bombers - They play in Red & Black.

NFL - Cincinatti Bengals - Less Nessman was my favorite character in "WKRP"; always mispronouncing sportsmen's names, and going on about the Bengals losing again.

Latest posts