Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't see what all the fuss is about

• I hate them

• Total voters
O

O'Rothlain

If, you are like me, then you hold the opinion that RATM is a phenominal band. Not only was their sound groundbreaking, but they actually had a message.
Then, when I was finishing University...they broke up. :cryy:

But, alas...a light, a faint shimmer is appearing on the horizon as they have announced two seperate concert events which feature a band called "RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE."
Then I find this gem on myspace...Zack and Tom Morello together playing acoustic for charity.
Maybe they'll really get together and record some new stuff...that'd be brilliant.
y ahora que?
<embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=2023794522&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed>
Add to My Profile | More Videos

To Rage indeed.

I love their sound, although sometimes they get a little bit preachy for me to stomach. Still awesome though.

They just played Cochella, and Audioslave split up so all signs point towards at least some new Touring.

Audioslave split up? I always thought it'll be a short term project, good news on the RATM front though!

Audioslave are no more...
I'm not really that sad as Rage is far superior than Audioslave.
Not that I dislike Chris Cornell, I just think the formula is best when they are who they are...RATM. Audioslave sounded like Rage trying to do Soundgarden.

Audioslave sounded like a Chris Cornell Solo Project with some guy who only knew how to play a guitar with a wah pedal (Every Morello Guitar "Solo" was the same - WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH)

I f&*king hate Chris Cornell.

Went to the sound garden end of existance in melbourne, what a tool...
They played for an hour, the sound was ****, they were ****, no they were complete ****.

I'd rather see Paul kelly play in Oz, at least you get a couple of hours.

Oh, the tickets cost me over 170 bucks - and for that ****.
If I ever saw the guy one on one, he'd get a punch in the head.

Farking tool, hate that prick

Audioslave sounded like a Chris Cornell Solo Project with some guy who only knew how to play a guitar with a wah pedal (Every Morello Guitar "Solo" was the same - WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH)
[/b]

I thought it was his solo project :lol: Cornell sold out after Soundgarden split up, in the words of Bill Hicks "he gave blowjobs to goat boy" that's why he made that little song on the soundtrack of some recent movie which sounded more like Nicleback and face it, Audioslave was about nothing but selling some mainstream commercial records and making some money, everything sound so same same.

But I disagree that Cornell is a complete tool, the guys' one of the best lyricists and vocalists around, he's penned some great tunes, he defenietly has the talent, especially in the earlier days, some solo stuff with Jeff Buckley I think it was and that's some phenomenal material.

I had a similar experience with Foo fighters one year Dumbo, the sound was terrible and because of that the band never connected to the crowd and vica versa, they didn't stick around for too long because they thought they just couldn't create a vibe but I somehow doubt that it was because Grohl is a talentless dips.hit

Got your message there QKXV, sometimes that's just hows work out...

OK, looking at the topic ***tle just how the hell does Chris Cornell work in with Rage Against the machine?
Could look it up but can't be stuffed 9due to hating the prick).

For mine though, if he's a leading performer of a modern era then that's a sad reflection of just how much the music industry has degaded itself in this era.
Music has died in the arse and been replaced with some prick with a ten page disclaimer...

Chris Cornell was the Lead Singer for Audioslave - which had all the members of RATM bar the lead singer in it.

And Soundgarden were a good studio band, but I always hated the way they sounded live... that and they never played 4th of July live, and whenever they did, it sucked.

So (again not trying to sound stupid but have an idea that's whats going to happen), if Rage comes back together - who's the lead singer? Cause if it's Cornell isn't that just Audio Slave?

Rage is back together, at least for now (they just played some festival in the US called Cochella along with a newly reunited Crowded House) - the Lead Singer is the one they had before they split up (Zack de la Rocha).

Audioslave (Which was RATM minus La Rocha, which had Cornell as the Lead Singer instead) have split up because Cornell wanted to focus on his solo record instead of touring and promoting the new Audioslave album.

So (again not trying to sound stupid but have an idea that's whats going to happen), if Rage comes back together - who's the lead singer? Cause if it's Cornell isn't that just Audio Slave?
[/b]
And, again, since you can't be bothered to look it up here it is:
RATM, awesome band...lead singer Zack leaves to do some solo rap with Method Man.
The remaining members of RATM look to continue doing music together and get together with Chris Cornell and call themselves Audioslave.
Audioslave makes some records...they're just alright...not great...definitely not Rage.
Chris Cornell has a meeting at MI5 and get's offered to do the theme song for the agencies leading man about the town Mr. Bond, James Bond.
Rumours circle around the internet "What's next...I bet RATM will get back with Zack!"
Rumours proved true as two concert festival dates were anounced and sightings of Morello and de la Rocha are posted on the internet.

Yes, yes they do. Almost as much as concert footage from their re-union gig does... :p heh heh heh then another heh heh heh (when you see Family Guy S6E18 you'll get it)

Latest posts