• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Road To Germany

Seriously, everyone will laugh at you if you go about calling him the greatest ever.

ALLBLACKS your sig is supposed to be sarcastic right???????
<

brazil will win the world cup, they are by far the best team in the world

eng will get to the qf
aus will maybe get to the sr
usa will get to the sr
fra will get to qf

Right time for my Predictions....

If i was to put money on any OUTSIDER to win I would say USA to Win... Very capable side, and could be the shock of the tournament, but havent really played many high profile sides, so could be there downfall....

Now the team i would put my money on to win it, is Netherlands, as they had a fantastic qualifying session and have been playing consistant football...

Now on England's hope, hoping that there are no injuries, we will have the best midfielders in the world cup, a fantastic keeper with good back up, we also have a good defence, which could prove to be tough to beat, and this can only improve... and striker wise, we have one of the best young talents for years, who could fit into any international side, and if his attitude improves which it has proved to of done, he could be our key to winning the world cup, but i reckon the Semi Finals is the least England should do.....

I also reckon the Germans will have a good run.... so i am gonna say QF for them.....

HAHAHA who cares what other ppl think LOL, and yes Cavan is right. Good laugh though at how much this bugs ppl. Seriously though I couldnt care less what other ppl think, If I ppl laugh at me for something, It wouldnt bother me. You have to live life to your own music, Be your own person hehe.

I can be laughed at along with all his lady fans ahaha, Share something in common, Being a fan of his can have its ups lol.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Dec 2 2005, 08:33 PM
BigTen your pointless rant makes absolutely no sence.

the 2010 qualification system works out great for both Australia and the rest of Oceana.

The top five nations in Oceana Fiji, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Tahiti and Vanuatu - will be joined by the winner of a preliminary tournament between American Samoa, Cook Islands, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Samoa and Tonga.

The six will then participate in home and away qualifiers with the winner taking on a fifth-placed side from either South America or Asia for a berth in the 2010 finals.

Australia will finaly get a chance to play plenty of competitive games against well matched opposition giving us a chance to get our top team together on a regular basis and dramatically improve ourselves as an International team.

Whats the point of Australia playing any of the Oceana teams?? so that we can beat our own world records of biggest winning margin or most goals in a game or most goals by a player in a game?????and thats just with our B or C team, what does anyone gain out of that?

New Zealand should have a decent chance of winning that tourny provided they dont get beaten by the Solomon Islands again
<

<

<

<

<

<

BigTen=Bunnings Tool of the week....CONGRATULATIONS!! your voucher is in the mail.
the truth,

What the hell does "sence" mean? Learn how to spell properly before you start calling other people a tool.

You said "Whats the point of Australia playing any of the Oceana teams??"

The answer to that is quite simple - because geograpically Australia is part of Oceania and not Asia. I thought that it was quite simple especially for someone of your obviously great intellect.

If nations are able to chop and change the confederation that they play in then everybody is just going to play in Europe and that is just stupid.

I agree that qualification from Oceania is hardly fair but then just abandoning it because it is too hard to qualify from is hardly nurturing football in this region is it? Australia could have quite easily negotiated a much better deal but rather decided that it was easier to just join Asia and leave Oceania. That is pretty harsh in my opinion.

And also I don't think that Australia realise that Asia is a very competitive region and it will be just as tough to qualify from that confederation.

The truth,

"New Zealand should have a decent chance of winning that tourny provided they dont get beaten by the Solomon Islands again..."

I think that you will find that New Zealand actually beat the Solomon Islands 3-0 with goals by Fisher (31), Oughton (81) and Lines (90) the last time that they played them.

You should keep the Bunning's Tool of the Week award for yourself and save the postage!

And also fix your spelling and grammar - it's embarassing.

hes Full of Himself ?? well we'll ask ST HELENS, I never seen the guy in Interviews or anything, Just Soccer?? and "Boy" is he ever "BLOODY BRILLIANT"

Originally posted by BigTen@Dec 2 2005, 05:27 PM
Sour grapes? Yeah maybe.

But...

Australia choosing to leave Oceania will result in one thing only and that is that no Oceanian team will ever qualify for the world cup again. As the largest country in Oceania, Australia had a moral obligation to try and improve the level of football in the region. They should have tried to do this rather than cut and run into another confederation.

What should have happened is that Oceania would have become a sub-group of Asia with the top two nations from Oceania qualifying into the second phase of Asian world cup qualifying. This would have resulted in many nations from Oceania believing that they had a realistic chance of at least progressing to the next stage and being exposed to a higher level of football.

It would also continue to give Australia, who is by far the best team in Oceania, a better opportunity of having a fairer run to the world cup and would also expose them to the better level of competition that they deserve.

This compromise is fairer to the confederation and it should have been what Australia pushed for. They have acted selfishly and have not given any thought to what their departure from Oceania would mean for football in this region.

Australia deserve to be at this world cup but the qualification process that they have had to do is very unfair and should have been changed. However Australia does not have a god-given right to be there - I mean look at some of the nations that are not going to be there in Germany next year:

Greece - 2004 European Champions
Turkey - 2002 World Cup Third Place
Nigeria - Quality side
Uruguay - Twice World Cup Champions (eliminated by Australia deservedly but only went out on penalties)

There are loads of other nations that are quality sides that don't make it.

Sour grapes? Uh-uh - selfish Australians more like it.
The thing is, Australia looks after Australia. All the other **** ant countries in Oceania are FIFA's responsibility, and if I recall correctly, it was them who let us pass into Asia. FIFA know that this will strengthen our national side which will in turn help get the sport off the ground in this country. I'm sure making the game popular in Australia is of a higher priority to FIFA than helping improve the other tiny nations in Oceania that can barely afford to fly their national team from island to island.

If FIFA want to develop football in Australia than they should give them the world cup in 2018.

BigTen you know someone's lost an argument when they start looking for type o's.
<

Like I said before the 2010 qualification system works out well for all concerned simple as that stop your *****in or give a good reason why it doesn't.
<

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Dec 3 2005, 11:18 PM
hes Full of Himself ?? well we'll ask ST HELENS, I never seen the guy in Interviews or anything, Just Soccer?? and "Boy" is he ever "BLOODY BRILLIANT"
Pfft...I can do what he can do... Like in your sig. ****. Easy.

...Now, I'm not saying I can do it better than him but, from what I have seen of him, he is nothing special. He acts like a fancy pants and because of this he comes off as a ******. He's no Ronaldinho, that's for sure.
Also, he looks like a ****** in this ad (I think it's for a car) he drives around in a car for 5 hours while kids are playing with a soccer ball around him and then finally he stops the car, opens the door, and plants the ball with his foot. He smirks at the camera for a split second before flicking the ball up to the other kids. Classy ad. I know it's not his fault he was in a stupidly written ad but...Wait. Maybe that wasn't Ronaldo... Speaking of which, what a silly name. If it was Cristiano Cullen then it would be a different story...

Ronaldo has become so predictable down the right hand side everyone knows what he's gonna do CROSS IT.....he never comes inside he always tries to beat his man.Defenders have no real problem handling him of late he needs to switch it up.

Portugal should play Figo on the right and play Ronaldo on the left like Liverpool do with Gerrard on the right and have him come of his wing to a central role and also switch with Figo from time to time.

BTW anyone see the Liverpool Wigan game last night?? how about crouch's first goal... PURE ARSE!! the second was ok but nothing more than a simple chip.

tonyhewitt1.jpg

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 4 2005, 01:14 PM
If FIFA want to develop football in Australia than they should give them the world cup in 2018.
provided we bid for it An Tarbh

Last i checked we have no intensions of bidding for 2018

O'neill has other plans, that take higher priority, in building soccer in OZ

And as you can see.................let O'Neill do what he wants.

He leaves the ARU..........look at them now
He arrives with Aussie Soccer............look at the A-league and a qualifying birth.

No that O'neill does everything.....but you can clearly see he is the right man for the job, thus if he says, bidding for 2018 is premature...........he is right
<

Crouch was robbed for his "first" goal. There was no way that that was an own goal. Couch, quite brilliantly in my opinion, used whatever "props" were available to confuse and confound the 'keeper and it worked superbly.

Originally posted by ak47+Dec 5 2005, 01:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 5 2005, 01:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Dec 4 2005, 01:14 PM

He arrives with Aussie Soccer............look at the A-league and a qualifying birth.

No that O'neill does everything.....but you can clearly see he is the right man for the job, thus if he says, bidding for 2018 is premature...........he is right
<
[/b]
We are bidding for the next available World Cup.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 5 2005, 07:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 5 2005, 07:23 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Dec 5 2005, 01:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Dec 4 2005, 01:14 PM

<
We are bidding for the next available World Cup. [/b]
which one is that?

J Oneill reckons 2018 is a bit pre-mature.

Does he mean 2018 is too late, (ie we are good enough to get the one earlier) or that 2018 is to quick.........has a double sided meaning to it
<

Latest posts