• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Forum is Closing (Now I have your attention, Why not Donate ;) )

I suppose. I think we need some banners up at some matches though, preferably telivised ones.
[/b]

It's a bit running-before-we-can-crawl but if we all committed to by t-shirt if they got them printed. Charlie could put a mark-up on them and put it into the fighting fund.

They'd have the URL on them for marketing purposes and they'd be good t-shirts.

I'd buy one

I'm thinking a diagram of a pitch and yellow and white circles depicting Wilkinson world cup winning drop goal plus the phrase "He drops for world cup glory".

Have the URL on the front and back.

Don't know how much they cost and how many you'd have to do....sure the Welsh, Irish & Kiwi types could come up with their own shirt idea.

I was refering more to the style of hanging one like football fans do with flags, not purchacing one like a pitchside sponsors.

I was refering more to the style of hanging one like football fans do with flags, not purchacing one like a pitchside sponsors.
[/b]

Oh right...I'd take one to Waterloo's game. Those 250 people on the opposite side to me might make all the difference!

If I were to offer a Shareholder scheme would anyone be interested?

Or a Premium Member scheme where you get access to different parts of the forum, that are currently open to all

Or a Bonus Ball Scheme where you can win money?

Or maybe a premium member scheme where you get something free, like a T-shirt or Mousemat or something?

Closing off bits of the forum unless you've paid is the last thing you want to do from where I'm standing.

Partners (or shareholders), possibly silent ones, is a better option.

Or a Premium Member scheme where you get access to different parts of the forum, that are currently open to all

Or a Bonus Ball Scheme where you can win money?

Or maybe a premium member scheme where you get something free, like a T-shirt or Mousemat or something?
[/b]

The forum's openess is one of it's big advantages...Maybe limit signatures & avatars and other functions to full members etc etc.

Exactly my view, I don't want to shut things off to only certain members.

I am tempted to restrict signature limits, flood restrictions, PM Folder Size, if I can get an easy to use portal, I will be considering TRF Email addresses.

Are you guys on the best plan you could be? I'm sure before Swordfish came on board Dom wasn't paying anything like that..

Yeah I have investigated it and it is the cheapest option for the amount we use and storage... plus I have had to take into account reliability of it all, currently HostGator are very reliable and have some bloody good support, which were probably a bit more key than cost...

[/b]

That's not a bad idea from where I'm sitting. PM me if you want to give it a shot :)

Silent partners/shareholders sounds good.

If you were to get huge banners I'd be able to take one down to a Brumbies home game in the Super14 next year.

I imagine all staff straight away would be silent partners, as well as established members. Then there's the ones who are just keen to be involved and help out.

Limiting the sigs etc would help with monthly usage, as these images must add up to alot over time...

I might be telling my Grandma how to suck eggs here but have you approached the people who do the marketing for Guinness, Rebel Sports, Magners, Heineken, O2, Nike, CCC etc etc as well as the IRB and various RFUs.

I imagine you could offer them something they'd be interested in...their market, as they've identified it, is reading this board all the time. I bet you'd be relatively cheap.

Just had this sent as an idea for raising money

How would people feel about spending £2.50 to be able to upload their custom avatar?

It should do... if your having trouble go to the My Controls and then Scroll down to the donation part.

Latest posts