• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The SH need its six nations tournament

T

Tarasque

Australia, New Zealand, RSA, Fiji Tonga and Argentina.
And the winers would play a final. :bana:

If Fiji and Tonga joined a big tournament with the SANZAR nations, there wouldn't be any players available for the All Blacks .

If Fiji and Tonga joined a big tournament with the SANZAR nations, there wouldn't be any players available for the All Blacks . [/b]

Don't even try fishing for comments. Island teams being in a major tournament has nothing to do with the economic situation in those same islands. Therefore there will always be a stream of emmigration of little four and five year old children who land in NZ. You damn welll know the All Blacks don't poach ready made players from the islands, they come as children and grow up as New Zealanders and play for the country they lived the vast majority of their life. So go f*** yourself Teh Mite.

That must've struck a nerve. [/b]

Ask him about why Anaheim are about twenty times better than the Senators or any Canadian hockey team and how he seems to be mentally confused about what nationality he seems to be. One minute Canadian, next minute a Kiwi. Which way is up? Which way is down?! Who knows?! :wacko:

<div class='quotemain'> That must've struck a nerve. [/b]

Ask him about why Anaheim are about twenty times better than the Senators or any Canadian hockey team and how he seems to be mentally confused about what nationality he seems to be. One minute Canadian, next minute a Kiwi. Which way is up? Which way is down?! Who knows?! :wacko: [/b][/quote]

He grew up in new zealand.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> That must've struck a nerve. [/b]

Ask him about why Anaheim are about twenty times better than the Senators or any Canadian hockey team and how he seems to be mentally confused about what nationality he seems to be. One minute Canadian, next minute a Kiwi. Which way is up? Which way is down?! Who knows?! :wacko: [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Well! I guess everything is wrapped up in a neat little package then...hmm?!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> That must've struck a nerve. [/b]

[/b][/quote] :lol:

<div class='quotemain'> That must've struck a nerve. [/b]

Well yeah Anaheim are a far better team because something like 23 of the 26 players on the roster were Canadian. There are too many Europeans on the Senators to be successful. Either way, I have no affiliation with any NHL team. I was born on the east coast of Canada, there are no NHL franchises there.

As for my identity, I am both a NZer and a Canadian. I am a dual citizen. When it comes to a NZ/Canada matchup I take NZ every single time. But I do love the nation of my birth.

If Fiji and Tonga joined a big tournament with the SANZAR nations, there wouldn't be any players available for the All Blacks . [/b]

ahaha it's funny because it's so far from the actual truth.

Australia, New Zealand, RSA, Fiji Tonga and Argentina.

[/b]

What a retarded idea.

How the hell would thrashing Fiji and Tonga by 90 points help the Big 4 Nations in the Southern Hemisphere (and Argentina will be joining the Tri Nations when in 2009 I believe - that's when some deal expires and they can start making changes - the line up for 2008 at least is written in stone)

I think the only way the Islanders can compete is as the Pacific Island rep team that played a few years ago...now that'd be awesome :)

An idea to help the cause of this thread!

We should also remember to add birth of place certificates. Meaning your born in the Islands you play for the Islands end of story. Now wouldn't that cripple the Island rugby nation? ask Fiji Tonga and Samoa how many of there player's were born in NZ :)

Add a stupid thread you get a stupid answer

<div class='quotemain'> Australia, New Zealand, RSA, Fiji Tonga and Argentina.

[/b]

What a retarded idea.

How the hell would thrashing Fiji and Tonga by 90 points help the Big 4 Nations in the Southern Hemisphere (and Argentina will be joining the Tri Nations when in 2009 I believe - that's when some deal expires and they can start making changes - the line up for 2008 at least is written in stone)
[/b][/quote]

You haven't been watching the World Cup?

I do realise there would be this kind of scenario if the Island teams couldn't get their players released from the European clubs, but I think that the IRB needs to do something to make sure that these countries can have access to their best players to make a competition like this actually happen one day.

[/idealism]

I do realise there would be this kind of scenario if the Island teams couldn't get their players released from the European clubs, but I think that the IRB needs to do something to make sure that these countries can have access to their best players to make a competition like this actually happen one day.

[/b]
I think that an unification of union's calendars to separate the clubs' competitions from the national's competitions would sound like a good way to start

I think a tournament with Australia,New Zealand,South Africa,Argentina,Samoa,Tonga,Fiji would be a great idea.But the SANZAR is more interested in tv ratings than developing Rugby. :angry: I mean Samoa Tonga and Fiji would develop far faster than anyone other second tier nations, because well its there national sport and obsession more or less unlike other nations where its unheard of.

As for Argentina they could bring back bill to south america if they had regular competition year in year out.

I think a seven nations comp is quite pheasable.

I think a tournament with Australia,New Zealand,South Africa,Argentina,Samoa,Tonga,Fiji would be a great idea.But the SANZAR is more interested in tv ratings than developing Rugby. :angry: I mean Samoa Tonga and Fiji would develop far faster than anyone other second tier nations, because well its there national sport and obsession more or less unlike other nations where its unheard of.

As for Argentina they could bring back bill to south america if they had regular competition year in year out.

[/b]
I agree...it makes so much f___ing sense for the good of rugby...but hey, since when are SANZAR interested in the "good of rugby"?

<div class='quotemain'> I think a tournament with Australia,New Zealand,South Africa,Argentina,Samoa,Tonga,Fiji would be a great idea.But the SANZAR is more interested in tv ratings than developing Rugby. :angry: I mean Samoa Tonga and Fiji would develop far faster than anyone other second tier nations, because well its there national sport and obsession more or less unlike other nations where its unheard of.

[/b]
I agree...it makes so much f___ing sense for the good of rugby...but hey, since when are SANZAR interested in the "good of rugby"?
[/b][/quote]

I'll bet they <strike>can smell some money</strike> really want to embrace the emerging rugby force in the form of Argentina now.

Latest posts