• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The top 14 final

I always like it when a team scores after the coaches have headed to the changing rooms

Might I inquire as to why? Kockott can be a knob, but I want that from my scrum half (within limits).
Rumours were that he didn't have a great effect on the Sharks locker room.

Excellent player though, I rate him above Pienaar and Hougaard.

Subtle block by Diarra on the fringe defence created that try.

Why do people hate Kockott? He's going to be the latest South African in the France team after next season, been the best scrum half in the league this season.

mmmmm...boring as fk...why don't Castres start Forestier...?.....

Very clever try by the little Safa there !! But ridiculously stupid defense, you've got to always cover the try-scoring chance first...
Toulon to score a try very quickly in the 2nd half.

The ref cams things make it look like a miner wandered on the field.
Look daft as hell.

Thought Castres were lucky to escape then without picking up a yellow card for a professional foul so close to the line.

Why do people hate Kockott?
He's a bit too ****ly for my tastes. I know you should expect it from your 9, but he's a bit much for me. The patting Michalak on the head after the knockon, for example.
Also seen him diving in a very footballer-fashion in the past, which I hate.

Very good player, though, not taking anything away from that.

Not a fan of the referee either, people going off their feet right, left and centre and he's doing nothing about it. Spoiling the ball flat out.

Panic is setting in and Toulon need to calm down.....there is plenty of time!

Edit...not now....got to give enormous credit to Castres but where are the Toulon galacticos because an awful lot have gone missing....

Edit do you not just love Ashley and Pudsey on BGT!!

Last edited:
I'm annoyed this isn't live in New Zealand, and rugby 365 aren't covering it with a live commentary.

What's the score/result?

Referee once again chooses to what he see's Castres can just lie on top of the ball in the ruck and have hands all over it and the ref does nothing. Cannot believe it to be honest.

Bloody well done Castres and am only sorry that you are losing so many players and the management for next season but that is the Top 14 and money talks and talks and talks.....ask Serge 'cos he aint got any!!

Thoroughly deserved victory as you played and beat what was put in front of you......not sure that we shall see that again in the forseeable future unfortunately as bit like Bishop Auckland winning the FA cup these days!!

Great win by Castres, thoroughly deserved.
Diarra is quite a good flanker.

to quote Kockott himself: "David beat Goliath tonight" (but in broken french).
Def. man of the match. Those two drop goals at the end were absolutely marvelous, pure organization+flawless execution, cold blooded, accurate, perfect.

Deep within me, I thought for sure they'd score a try when it was a 7 point lead, force overtime, and then Wilko with a drop goal at the last minute !! :p :p

Huge, huge win for Castres...had someone told me ASM wouldn't win this year, I'd think Toulon immediately, and then astonished I'd say Toulouse...but none of the ***ans, just a humble little hobbit.

I'm very concerned with Michalak though...happy to see him at 9, but though overall he gave some nice passes, he'd make pretty bad passes at times and then kick directly into touch, things like that...last time he played NZ he won (despite the forward pass)...this time he's a much different little Freddie.....

Sad for Wilko. I was all smile at the end, but then they'd show Wilko stunned, looking down at the ground mouth slightly open, nobody around him...
oh well, he did win the fkn HC !

Wow great, and imo unexpected, win by Castres. They proved that money isn't everything.:D

Just got onto link (thanks TM) in time to see the aftermatch

Jonny speaks really good French (I think?)

Latest posts