• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Trailer

T

Trev@Swordfish

Just watched the web-site trailer properly - to be honest I only skimmed through half of it before.

First off I have to say that we had nothing to do with making the trailer - Ubisoft very kindly did that. It's a pain having to make them so it was great that they did it.

However, they didn't really capture the new stuff - there are loads of new animations that we would have recorded and there's no forward play at all. I guess that's sort of expected from casual rugby fans - they just want to spin the ball out wide and burn down the wing, but we put a huge amount of time and effort into balancing the game so that forwards could bust through tackles and grind out the yards.

All of the footage is in-game - most of it from the side camera. Ubi could only record in-game footage, so what you see is what you get.

Does it look like WCR? ... absolutely, that's our house style, so I would be surprised if it didn't. It's built on the sdame game engine, but with a slightly less arcadey style and a lot more depth to the gameplay.

The AI? ... you cannot tell from a trailer unfortunately. You have to play it to figure whether that is any good. The game is balanced and tuned for when you are playing it - generally you do not expect the player to be watching what is happening in other areas of the pitch. All of the effort goes into what happens around the contact and ball carrying areas - that is where the player concentrates.

Not trying to talk anyone into buying the game - it's up to you guys, if you like it then I guess you will. Just trying to pick up on a few questions posted in the web-trailer thread.

just a quick question regarding the ai

on rugby 2005, if there was an overlap the computer wouldnt pass, and the ai was generally poor, is the ai sophisticated in attack.

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 18 2005, 01:50 AM
just a quick question regarding the ai

on rugby 2005, if there was an overlap the computer wouldnt pass, and the ai was generally poor, is the ai sophisticated in attack.

I think so ... I definitely find the game more challenging than WCR was. They score a lot more tries against me than on WCR.

Sounds good Trev thanks for all the info. All looking better by the minute.
<

Hi,

Looked good apart from that ridiculous big hit tackle, will they be easy to use in RC?

Trev,

no need to say anything - i'm gonna buy the game regardless!! haha

nah thanks for going over that, you have been excellent.

i've gotta go away to the police academy jan 8 so i am gonna have no time to play this but at least it'll pass the time til it comes out.

Latest posts