• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

They're coming

I saw this video. It seemed like the worst marketing campaign ever, simply because I generally didn't see the actual game being advertised or when it was being played, who against, where, what time etc.

It certainly added weight to what a lot of RL fans I know say--- RL is a good game but woefully advertised.

Anyway, the game was tonight and against 'the exiles'. i think it was a team made up of foreign super league players. i watched the game tonight, thought it was a really good and entertaining game. it's just a shame they couldn't advertise it better!

I watched a bit of this game... actually pretty impressed with the quality of the exiles to be honest. Almost like to see them in the four nations lol.
Seriously though, England need to do something about there national squad. They fail at the last hurdle so often it's becoming a tradition.

I find it ridiculous that they think this game will be as good for British rugby league as State of Origin is for Australian Rugby League. New Zealand don't have a gimmicky game like this, and guess what? We can still compete.

There's a serious problem with British Rugby League... everything about their national side always seems so unorganised and lacking in polish, even down to their branding. Ironically the English Rugby Union side - even with all the problems in the RFU - is so much more professional in its marketing and branding.

Latest posts