• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Things that terrified you when you were a kid

I was scared of scorpions when I was little. For some reason I thought they were more frightening than sharks, lions or other animals.

I got over it through the years of course, but 3 years ago, I got the fright of my life, when a scorpion walked into my living-room in South Africa. My 8 month old son was playing on the floor and I grabbed him, climbed on top of the kitchen counter and waited for my wife to come back from hanging the washing outside. She grabbed the thing, looked at it and threw it out. South African women are different from Dutch women in every way haha

I was scared of scorpions when I was little. For some reason I thought they were more frightening than sharks, lions or other animals.

I got over it through the years of course, but 3 years ago, I got the fright of my life, when a scorpion walked into my living-room in South Africa. My 8 month old son was playing on the floor and I grabbed him, climbed on top of the kitchen counter and waited for my wife to come back from hanging the washing outside. She grabbed the thing, looked at it and threw it out. South African women are different from Dutch women in every way haha

That woman sounds alpha.

I was always **** scared of my reflection in windows at night ..

When i was little clowns used to scare the **** out of me, stupid things. Also i hate horses still hate them now stupid things, i swear there out to get me... when they see me they just charge and the my trousers get a lot baggier lol

Yet every girl I know will do the same for spiders.

I'll have to have a better think, but I recall once I was deathly afraid of a snake. I didn't have a problem with snakes, but this was different. First of all, I don't even think there was a snake. I was outside a shop as a nipper, waiting for my dad or something. As a good child, I would not even think of leaving the very spot upon which I was standing, for fear of being taken away or getting lost. I was next to a vending machine or something and looked behind it. It was dark there, but in my mind I saw a big python laying in wait. My gut dropped. I was going to get eaten by this snake. Moving wasn't an option, so I remained perfectly still, watching it from the corner of my eyes.

Silly you all might say, but too this day I have not been kidnapped after running away from a store, nor have I been eaten by a snake.

When i was little clowns used to scare the **** out of me, stupid things. Also i hate horses still hate them now stupid things, i swear there out to get me... when they see me they just charge and the my trousers get a lot baggier lol

Why are you normally on a rampaging erection while looking at them?

I was always **** scared of my reflection in windows at night ..

Seems as though it might be easier for you to list the things you weren't scared of, because if the list of things you were scared of includes the sight of yourself we might be here a while..... :p

You must have been a frightened child, LN7.
I didn't like standing on piers. I always thought they would break away and float away. Even ones on small rivers!

**** yeah I was scared of all sorts of ****... The Measuring tape was more of serious caution as opposed to fear but ghosty **** and all that got me.

That said people never scared me , the idea of a burglar or something was always welcomed with excitement as a kid and still now as my room has over the years developed the nickname "the armory"

Only thing that would really frighten me now is Spiders and if I had to walk through a forest alone at night.

**** yeah I was scared of all sorts of ****... The Measuring tape was more of serious caution as opposed to fear but ghosty **** and all that got me.

Only thing that would really frighten me now is Spiders and if I had to walk through a forest alone at night.
Tape measure is indeed intimidating. I just don't put my fingers near it when it comes in.
Oh yeah.

Spiders don't really get me. If one falls on me I just flick it onto somebody else. Not my spider not my problem.
Happened a few days ago. I wasn't paying attention and something fell out of a pipe. I thought it was a drop of water and just saw a dark spot in my peripheral vision. Looked at my knee about ten minutes later and saw a spider just relaxing. Flicked him over to my mate. He didn't notice so I chose not to trouble him with this minor matter.

Don't quote get the forest at night bit. There's nothing in a forest to hurt you. Walking through a dodgy area of a dodgy city alone at night on the other hand......

Spiders don't really get me. If one falls on me I just flick it onto somebody else. Not my spider not my problem.
Happened a few days ago. I wasn't paying attention and something fell out of a pipe. I thought it was a drop of water and just saw a dark spot in my peripheral vision. Looked at my knee about ten minutes later and saw a spider just relaxing. Flicked him over to my mate. He didn't notice so I chose not to trouble him with this minor matter.

For some reason, I imagined Karl Pilkington from the Gicky Gervais show saying that, and it instantly became hilarious.

Don't quote get the forest at night bit. There's nothing in a forest to hurt you. Walking through a dodgy area of a dodgy city alone at night on the other hand......

I know , however a vivid imagination despite not actually believing on ghosts and **** means every second is hellish , the dodgy area doesn't scare me though , if there is light then I can see what comes at me , if you can see it you can fight it , or run from it.

Aww, cheers Dull. Shame it takes me being someone else to get a reaction, but I'll work on this.
Dodgy areas of cities don't bother me. Going to the back of my garden at night got me as a nipper. It was usually to get wood or something, and I'd end up sprinting back, arms fully laden with logs.

Bad experience? Excellent piece of music.
One word: UUUUUUUUUUULLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
When the Martians first exalted that and I heard it for the first time I thought the world was about to end. Took me a few years to get over it. The musical itself is unbelievably good though, it's on about 147 plays on my itunes.

Henry, my brother had a thing about Groke too. To be fair, remembering it now (about 15 years after watching the episode last) it was terrifying!! Didn't he swoop down in the night to get the Moomins? I got told off big time for mentioning it just before we were going to bed and sending him in to a frenzy xD

One word: UUUUUUUUUUULLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!
When the Martians first exalted that and I heard it for the first time I thought the world was about to end. Took me a few years to get over it. The musical itself is unbelievably good though, it's on about 147 plays on my itunes.

Henry, my brother had a thing about Groke too. To be fair, remembering it now (about 15 years after watching the episode last) it was terrifying!! Didn't he swoop down in the night to get the Moomins? I got told off big time for mentioning it just before we were going to bed and sending him in to a frenzy xD

Looks like others have the same fear.

Last edited by a moderator:
The WotW soundtrack was amazing, but admitted, it gave me chills as a little kid.

This may seem weird, but as a kid I was terrified by flushing the toilet at night. It was loud and I always imagined a vampire hearing it and coming after me. Strange, I know.

Vampires used to scare the bejesus out of me. I don't mean Twilight vampires, I mean the ones from classic horror movies. That being said, I remember watching a vampire movie with the family, and a women vampire suddenly came alive while a spike was in her, and I ran down the stairs. My dad had to say "What would Luke Skywalker have done? That's right, he'd have cut his head off. It's fine". What makes it more embarrassing, is I think I remember the movie and watched it recently. It was Dracula: Dead and Loving It starring Leslie Neilson...

Last edited:
This may seem weird, but as a kid I was terrified by flushing the toilet at night. It was loud and I always imagined a vampire hearing it and coming after me. Strange, I know.

Vampires used to scare the bejesus out of me. I don't mean Twilight vampires, I mean the ones from classic horror movies. That being said, I remember watching a vampire movie with the family, and a women vampire suddenly came alive while a spike was in her, and I ran down the stairs. My dad had to say "What would Luke Skywalker have done? That's right, he'd have cut his head off. It's fine". What makes it more embarrassing, is I think I remember the movie and watched it recently. It was Dracula: Dead and Loving It starring Leslie Neilson...

Same for me except it was a witch who lived behind the shower curtain.

Latest posts